Versailles Skip The Line Tour with Audioguide
Skip the long entry line with your priority access ticket and make the most of your time in Versailles. Tour the exquisite royal apartments, visit the stunning Hall of Mirrors and roam around the gardens. Learn all about the French monarchy as your complimentary audio guide demystifies some of the Palace’s most enticing secrets. It takes approximately 2-3 hours to tour the royal estate; however, your ticket grants admission until closing hours on the day of your visit.
- Avoid long queues with exclusive skip-the-line access and make the most of your time at Versailles.
- Enjoy convenient ticket pickup just a few minutes walk from the Palace of Versailles.
- From King Louis XIV to Marie Antoinette, get a glimpse into the lives of the French monarchy’s most influential figures.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The exquisite Palace of Versailles is one of the most extraordinary achievements in 17th century European art. Situated just 30 minutes outside Paris, in the village of Versailles, this elaborate complex once thrived as an epicenter of political power for the Kingdom of France.
Today, the Palace, also known as Château de Versailles, contains 700 rooms spread across 800 hectares. Illustrating more than five centuries of French history, the Palace not only houses remarkable works of art - it stands as a work of art itself. One of the most ornately designed rooms of all, the Hall of Mirrors features 357 mirrors, including seventeen mirror-clad arches that reflect the seventeen arcaded windows overlooking the gardens. The Versailles Palace Gardens span an impressive 250 acres, and continue to thrive as a beautifully manicured plot with 400 sculptures and 1,400 fountains.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walks its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history.
What to Expect on Your Versailles Skip the Line Experience
With your Priority Access pass, avoid the long queues and make the most of your time in Versailles. While purchasing tickets on-site requires you to queue in two lines, the ticket box office and the entry line, your skip the line pass allows you to bypass both.
Begin your visit by exploring the ornate King and Queen's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Designed to protect the ornate walls and ceilings from smoke, the hall’s 357 mirrors were strategically placed to reflect the light of candles. With just a few flames, the reflection from so many mirrors was enough to light up the whole hall!
After admiring the inside of the Palace, head outdoors and take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture. Stroll along the cobblestone grounds, through the beautiful French gardens, and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains. At the Carrosses Gallery, travel back in time as you explore carriages, coaches, sculptures and other artifacts left behind by the French Monarch.
For tips on how to navigate the palace, make the most of your time, and choose the best experience, refer to our Palace of Versailles tours and tickets collection.
- Priority Access to the Palace of Versailles
- The Castle (Royal Apartments + Hall of Mirrors)
- The Gardens and Fountains, including on days of Musical Fountain and Garden shows
- The Park
- The Carrosses Gallery
- Access to Marie-Antoinette’s Estate, the Trianon
- Transportation from/to Paris
Know Before You Go
Versailles skip-the-line tours with audio guide are available Tuesday through Sunday, starting at 11:30AM, 12:30 AM, 1:45 PM and 2:45 PM.
Upon arrival, head to the Guidatours office, at 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, located approximately 400 meters outside the Palace of Versailles. Should you head directly to the palace with your confirmation voucher, you will not be given entry.
The tours are priced higher on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. This is because on Saturday and Sunday, the experience includes access to the Musical Fountains Show while on Tuesday and Friday, the experience includes access to the Musical Gardens.
Palace of Versailles Open Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9 AM to 6:30 PM. Closed on Mondays.
Gardens of Versailles Open Hours
Open daily from 8 am to 8:30 pm during high season (April - October) and from 8 am to 6 pm in low season (November to March). Your ticket grants you access to the Gardens even on the days of Grandes Eaux and Musical Gardens (from April to October), Versailles Passport ticket is required to visit the gardens (free for children under 6).
Gallery of Carrosses Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Closed on Mondays.
The Guidatours office, at 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, is located approximately 400 meters outside the Palace of Versailles, just across the street from the train station Versailles Rive Gauche-Chateau de Versailles. You can find the Google Maps location for the office here.
To reach the Palace of Versailles by train, you have several options:
• Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace.
• From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau.
• From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château.
Upgrade to Tickets with Access to Marie-Antoinette’s Estate
In addition to the Castle, explore the two Trianons and get a peek into the Queen’s world with our Versailles skip-the-line VIP Entry ticket.
Audio guides are available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Russian. There are two audio guide pick-up counters, both located on the ground floor: one at the entrance to the Apartments of Mesdames, and another at the entrance to the Gallery of Castles, just after crossing the Royal Court.
Upgrade to Versailles Guided Tour
If you’d like to maximize your time at the palace of Versailles and get a more in depth Castle experience, check out the Versailles Priority Access Guided Tour- 75 Minutes Classic ticket.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Ease of entrance to the Palace.
The audio guide was great and skipping the lines, but having to go somewhere else to pick up the tickets is weird. Why not print them out in line and just meet the guide at the entrance?
Acceso rápido y fácil. Trato excelente y ameno. Es muy sencillo, evitas las laaaaargas colas de acceso.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• Upon confirmation of your booking, you will receive your voucher instantly.
• On the day of your Versailles experience, display your voucher via mobile phone at the Guidatours office, located just a few minutes walk from the Palace of Versailles, directly across the street from the train station Versailles Rive Gauche.
• A host will hand you your skip-the-line voucher and escort you to the Versailles Palace entrance B, at the top right of the Cour d'Honneur.
• Make your way straight into the palace, bypassing the hours-long entry and security lines.
• Collect your audio guide from one of two pick-up counters and enjoy your experience at the palace of Versailles.
• It takes approximately 2-3 hours to tour the royal apartments, Hall of Mirrors, Park and gardens. However, your ticket grants admission until closing hours on the day of your visit.
Your Versailles ticket is valid from the time slot you make your booking for, up until closing on the day of your experience.
Guidatours, 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, Versailles
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 5.30pm on 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 21, and 28 July, 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18 and 25 August.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6pm on 30 October.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6.30pm on 8 and 9 July.