Versailles Skip the Line - Priority Access with Audioguide Tour
Skip the long entry line with your priority access ticket and make the most of your time in Versailles. Tour the exquisite royal apartments, visit the stunning Hall of Mirrors and roam around the gardens. Learn all about the French monarchy as your complimentary audio guide demystifies some of the Palace’s most enticing secrets. It takes approximately 2-3 hours to tour the royal estate; however, your ticket grants admission until closing hours on the day of your visit.
Versailles Skip-the-Line Ticket Highlights
- Avoid long queues with exclusive skip-the-line access and make the most of your time at Versailles.
- Enjoy convenient ticket pickup just a few minutes walk from the Palace of Versailles.
- From King Louis XIV to Marie Antoinette, get a glimpse into the lives of the French monarchy’s most influential figures.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The exquisite Palace of Versailles is one of the most extraordinary achievements in 17th century European art. Situated just 30 minutes outside Paris, in the village of Versailles, this elaborate complex once thrived as an epicenter of political power for the Kingdom of France.
Today, the Palace, also known as Château de Versailles, contains 700 rooms spread across 800 hectares. Illustrating more than five centuries of French history, the Palace not only houses remarkable works of art - it stands as a work of art itself. One of the most ornately designed rooms of all, the Hall of Mirrors features 357 mirrors, including seventeen mirror-clad arches that reflect the seventeen arcaded windows overlooking the gardens. The Versailles Palace Gardens span an impressive 250 acres, and continue to thrive as a beautifully manicured plot with 400 sculptures and 1,400 fountains.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walks its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history.
What to Expect on Your Versailles Skip the Line Experience
With your Priority Access pass, avoid the long queues and make the most of your time in Versailles. While purchasing tickets on-site requires you to queue in two lines, the ticket box office and the entry line, your skip the line pass allows you to bypass both. For just €8 more, save yourself anywhere between 1-3 hours of waiting and immediately begin your tour of the most famous places within the royal estate.
Upon entering the Palace, collect your complimentary audio guide from one of the two pick-up counters located on the ground floor, one at the entrance to the Apartment Ladies and the other at the entrance to the Gallery of Castles. Begin your visit by exploring the ornate King and Queen's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Designed to protect the ornate walls and ceilings from smoke, the hall’s 357 mirrors were strategically placed to reflect the light of candles. With just a few flames, the reflection from so many mirrors was enough to light up the whole hall!
After admiring the inside of the Palace, head outdoors and take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture. Stroll along the cobblestone grounds, through the beautiful French gardens, and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains. At the Carrosses Gallery, travel back in time as you explore carriages, coaches, sculptures and other artifacts left behind by the French Monarch.
For tips on how to navigate the palace, make the most of your time, and choose the best experience, refer to our Palace of Versailles tours and tickets collection.
- Priority Access to the Palace of Versailles
- The Castle (Royal Apartments + Hall of Mirrors)
- The Gardens (excluding days of Garden shows)
- The Park
- The Carrosses Gallery
- Entrance to the Gardens on Fountain Show and Musical Show days (select evenings April-Oct) Access to Marie-Antoinette’s Estate
- Transportation from/to Paris
Know Before You Go
Palace of Versailles Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9AM to 6:30PM. Closed on Mondays.
Gardens of Versailles Hours
Open daily from 8 am to 8:30 pm during high season (April - October) and from 8 am to 6 pm in low season (November to March). On the days of Grandes Eaux and Musical Gardens (from April to October), Versailles Passport ticket is required to visit the gardens (free for children under 6).
Gallery of Carrosses Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Closed on Mondays.
The Palace of Versailles is located only 30 minutes from central Paris. The main entrance to the Palace of Versailles is by the Cour d'Honneur. To reach by train, you have several options:
• Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace.
• From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau.
• From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château.
Versailles skip-the-line tours with audio guide are available Tuesday through Sunday, starting at 10:30AM, 11AM and 11:30AM.
Upon arrival, head directly to the entrance of the Castle. Your Versailles Skip-the-Line Tour tickets will allow you to bypass the long entry line, saving you upto 3 hours of queueing. In addition, having pre-booked tickets online, you will also avoid the hassle of having to wait in line at the on-site ticket box office. Keep in mind that all visitors, regardless of ticket type or vendor, are still required to pass through security.
Upgrade to Tickets with Access to Marie-Antoinette’s Estate
In addition to the Castle, explore the two Trianons and get a peek into the Queen’s world with our Versailles skip-the-line VIP Entry ticket.
When to Visit During high season, from April through October, it is recommended to visit the Palace early in the morning, right when it opens. Tuesdays and weekends generally see the most traffic, especially on days of water fountain shows.
Audio guides are available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Russian. There are two audio guide pick-up counters, both located on the ground floor: one at the entrance to the Apartments of Mesdames, and another at the entrance to the Gallery of Castles, just after crossing the Royal Court.
Upgrade to Versailles Guided Tour
If you’d like to maximize your time at the palace of Versailles and get a more indepth Castle experience, check out the Versailles Half Day Guided Tour ticket.
These tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
A must go for anybody who is staying in Paris or around. The audio guide is helpful and you can experience Versailles at your own pace
Since we got priority access with an audioguide tour, it was a lovely experience we paid for. Totally worth it. We skipped all the long lines, saved us so much time and energy. It's a beautiful site with gardens, fountains, statues and more.
The lines to get into Versailles were massive, so to pay extra for priority entrance and walk straight in is absolutely worth it. Definitely recommend the tickets to Versailles and do the gardens too.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• Upon confirmation of your booking, you will receive your voucher in a separate email.
• On the day of your Versailles experience, display your voucher via mobile phone at the Guidatours office, located just a few minutes walk from the Palace of Versailles, directly across the street from the train station Versailles Rive Gauche.
• A host will hand you your skip-the-line voucher and escort you to the Versailles Palace entrance.
• Make your way through security and straight into the palace, bypassing the hours-long entry line.
• Collect your audio guide from one of two pick-up counters and enjoy your experience at the palace of Versailles.
• It takes approximately 2-3 hours to tour the royal apartments, Hall of Mirrors, Park and gardens. However, your ticket grants admission until closing hours on the day of your visit.
Your Versailles ticket is valid from the time slot you make your booking for, up until closing on the day of your experience.
Guidatours, 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, Versailles
Other experiences similar to Versailles Skip the Line - Priority Access with Audioguide Tour