Loire Valley Castles & Wine
Experience the wonders of the Chateau of Chambord and Chenonceau before proceeding to the privately-owned castle, Nitray, where you will enjoy a delightful wine-tasting session. These castles are majestic representations of the glorious era of the French Renaissance.
- Visit the same castle that inspired the Disney classic, ‘Beauty and the Beast’.
- You will get a chance to try out a few superb red and white wines at the family-owned Nitray Castle. This is also an optional activity at Chenonceau.
- A guide well-versed in the English language will direct you through the tour.
Your tour will begin from Les Catacombes de Paris. Your guide will accompany you on the air-conditioned coach to the Château de Chambord. Once you see the castle, it will become instantly apparent that this place served as a major inspiration for ‘Beauty and the Beast’. The massive structure is a confluence of medieval architecture and classical French Renaissance architecture. The guide will tell you more about the history of the castle as you walk around the building. You’ll even get a chance to climb a staircase that was designed by the legendary Da Vinci. After the guide has taken you through most of the castle’s major attractions, you can take some time to explore the castle by yourself. Climb up to the roof for an incredible view of the surrounding area or stroll through the vast castle grounds which are home to wild deer. The Château de Nitray will be your next destination. This privately-run castle that boasts a small family chapel, the legendary Nitray vineyard, and a charming rose garden. Enjoy your lunch and taste a few exotic red and white wines here. The Château de Chenonceau will be the final attraction you will visit on this tour. The castle is filled with elegant stone carvings, vaulted kitchens, and luxurious bedrooms that seem to be frozen in time. The beautiful bridge over the Cher River is also a spectacular sight. After wandering through the gardens outside the chateau, you will have two options. You can either partake in a second round of wine tasting in the Cave des Domes or continue touring the castle.
- A professional tour guide with expertise in the English language.
- The entrance ticket and reservation fee for all the sites
- A group of up to 25 people can book their tickets together
- All the transfers will be done in an air-conditioned coach
- Lunch and wine at a local restaurant
- Wine tasting at Nitray
- Optional wine tasting at Chenonceau
- Not more than 25 people are allowed as a group
- No student, senior, or AAA discounts
Know Before You Go
The trip starts at 7:30 AM.
Wheelchair access is available, please contact the customer care for more details. Strollers are also allowed, please ensure that the strollers are lightweight and foldable.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
How To Use Your Tickets
You will receive email confirmation with your mobile voucher instantly. The mobile voucher must be shown at the entrance. You need not bring your printed voucher with you, but it is suggested you do so because the voucher contains maps and it makes it easier for you to understand everything about the tour. Your tour will commence once your ticket has been verified by the representative.
The trip starts from the Les Catacombes de Paris.
The ticket is valid only for the date and time for which you have scheduled the booking.
Place Denfert-Rochereau, 75014 Paris, France, Paris
Other experiences similar to Loire Valley Castles & Wine