Authentic Italian Greenwich Village Food Tour & Tastings
- Explore Greenwich village on a carefully-curated route through its best eateries.
- Taste classic neighborhood specialties like pasta, arancini, cured meats, desserts & more.
- Enjoy the company of a local foodie guide who will give you the real New York experience.
- Small groups of max 15 people keep your tour intimate.
Part (generous) lunch, part trip through the soul of a neighborhood, your tour is as much about understanding the history and culture that produced your food as it is about enjoying it. Hear the story of how the “South Village” section of Greenwich Village developed from a lower-class Italian immigrant community to a modern day food mecca; understand the subtle (and not-so-subtle) differences between Italian-American food and Italian-Italian food; and learn to pick the best ingredients for cooking both styles at home.
As you move through The Village you’ll enjoy various food tastings. Your route changes depending on the day and season to ensure you’re always sampling the most up-to-the-minute dishes but some things are too good to miss. You’re guaranteed to enjoy pasta unlike anything you’ve ever had; you’ll sample pasta olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a few other surprises.
With small groups of no more than 15 people, your tour will be intimate and your local foodie guide will have time to answer all your questions and give you insider insights about the city. Be sure to get recommendations for restaurants that suit your tastes & hotel location. With so many tastings included, don’t forget to come hungry!
- John’s famous pizza
- Greenwich Village food speciality shops
- Historic neighborhood highlights
- South Village, an original Italian immigrant neighborhood
- Legendary Bleecker Street
- Numerous food tastings including pasta olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- John’s Famous Pizza (est. 1929)
- Small groups of max 15 people
- Expert local foodie guide
- Highlights of the Italian section of Greenwich Village including historic Bleecker Street
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Washington Square Arch, New York City
- Please arrive fifteen minutes before the scheduled start time for check-in.
- Meeting Point: Your tour meets at the “WASHINGTON SQUARE ARCH” in Washington Square Park, the side of the arch that faces the park and fountain