Piazza Navona & Domitian Stadium Underground Walking Tour - Express Entry
20 Second Takeaway
- Experience a fascinating tour without waiting in long queues
- Discover Rome in a completely new light with this tour with a trip to the Piazza Navona and the Domitian Stadium
- You will have a private licensed archaeologist guiding you throughout
- The tour will be conducted in multiple languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish
Explore a completely different Rome with this express tour, with skip the line access! Shedding new light on it and on its colourful history, this is sure to be one of the rarer experiences Rome has to offer you.
Accompanied by a private licensed archaeologist guide, you will arrive at the Piazza Navona (Navona Square) that sits over the area of the Domitian Stadium. The Navona, as your guide will explain to you, was one of the finest places in all of Rome. Built on the ruins of a decrepit stadium discovered accidentally during the reconstruction of a certain building no. 62, the Navona was used to conduct aquatic games, as well as stage naval battles.
The Domitian Stadium impresses you with the sheer vastness it encompasses. Built for the purpose of athletics competitions of Greek Origin, the Stadium consists of two entrances and underground rooms. You will enter it through an entrance present in the middle of the curved side of the structure, an area discovered during 1936-1937, which requires special permission to be accessible. Your guide will walk you through this best preserved part of the stadium, and describe its tales that will help you understand why Rome is referred to as the Eternal City across the world.
Departures: Friday-Sunday (10:30 AM)
- Skip the Line Access
- Guided Tour - English, Spanish, German and Italian
- Pick up and Drop off
- Food and Beverages
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. You must carry a printed copy of the voucher to the venue along with a valid photo ID.
- Meeting Point: In front of Hotel Del Senato