Spanish Steps to Vicus Caprarius Underground Walking Tour - Express Entry
30 Second Takeaway
- Skip long queues and step right into history's books, quite literally!
- The tour begins at the famous Spanish Steps, where you will admire structures like the Fontana della Barcaccia
- Move to the levels below the Vicus Caprarius and learn its colourful history
- Includes a professional guide who will accompany you at all times and delight you with stories
- The tour will be conducted in four languages: English, Spanish, German, and Italian
Delve into history’s depths with quick entry as you skip long lines: this fascinating tour begins at the bottom of the Spanish Steps at the Piazza di Spagna. Walk past the brownish, ochre-coloured buildings and Bernini’s fountain, all rising towards the Church of Trinità dei Monti, and creating an eighteenth-century atmosphere.
The Spanish Steps is a magnificent structure comprising of 135 steps that links the Bourbon Spanish Embassy and the Trinità dei Monti. Your guide will walk you through the stories of its origin, and don’t miss the wondrous Fontana della Barcaccia (which ironically, translates to “Fountain of the Ugly”). Known to have been built by the famous Gian Lorenzo Bernini’s father, this fountain is as old as time itself.
Next, you will see the depths of the Vicus Caprarius, or the “Goat Alley”, where many beautiful remains were unearthed during the restoration of the Cinema Trevi, including those of a Roman mansion.
This site has always managed to stun people with what it had to offer in subsequent excavations. Known as the City of Water for being the primary source that feeds the Trevi Fountain, this underground tour will take you to depths of almost 30 feet below ground level. Your guide will make this tour increasingly interesting not just with the myriad tales this site holds within itself, but also with a display of items unearthed during the many excavations, depicting ancient Roman life.
With so much to learn, discover, and marvel at, this tour will leave you nothing short of exhilarated in the end!
Departures: Thursday-Sunday (10:30 AM)
- Skip the Line Access
- Guided Tour - English, Spanish, German and Italian
- Pick up and Drop off
- Food and Beverages
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. You must carry a printed copy of the voucher to the venue along with a valid photo ID.
Spanish Steps, Piazza di Spagna, Rome
- Meeting Point: Under the Column in Piazza Mignanelli