Pantheon & Underground of Santa Maria in Via Lata Walking Tour - Express Entry
20 Second Takeaway
- Skip long queues and gain fast access to this tour and explore the wonders of the Pantheon
- The tour will be conducted in multiple languages: English, Spanish, German, and Italian
- You will hear magnificent stories and see the different areas in and around the Pantheon, including the Piazza della Rotonda and the Piazza di Pietra
- The tour will take you to the underground of the famous Church of Santa Maria in Via Lata
Get a chance to explore one of the most beautiful structures in the world -- the Pantheon. Built during the reign of Augustus as a temple to the early gods of Rome, the Pantheon has withstood the test of time and remains to this day an architectural wonder that is unmatched by any others. The dome is the world’s largest unreinforced concrete dome today, almost two thousand years after it was built.
Your guide will walk you through the Piazza della Rotonda, the square in front of the Pantheon and describe to you stories as yet unheard. You will then stop at the Piazza di Pietra where you will find the Temple of the Hadrian, built by his adoptive son. The Pantheon has been in continuous use through the ages, and you will learn exactly to what extent through this peek into its fascinating history. Proceed to the underground of the Church of Santa Maria in Via Lata, which is known to be the place where St. Paul hid for two years, whilst awaiting his trial. Admire some rare frescoes that your guide will walk you through, and discover the ancient Roman well with the presence of pristine waters that, according to legend, appeared thanks to St. Paul’s prayers.
You will carry the astounding stories you hear at this tour with you for a long time after it ends. Don't miss this one!
Departures: Tuesday-Wednesday, 03:30 PM
- Skip the Line Access
- Guided Tour - English, Spanish, German and Italian
- Pick up and Drop off
- Food and Beverages
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. You must carry a printed copy of the voucher to the venue along with a valid photo ID.
Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, 73, Rome
Meeting Point: Pantheon, in front of Hotel Del Senato