Borghese Gallery Elite Walking Tour
On this expert-led guided tour, explore one of Rome’s most iconic art collections at the Borghese Gallery. Afterward, embark on a peaceful walk through the gorgeous Borghese Park, enjoy breathtaking views from the Pincio Terrace, and complete your visit at the Spanish Steps.
- With your pre-purchased tickets, secure your spot to this likely to sell out attraction.
- Get skip-the-line entry to one of the city’s most popular museums.
- Explore the gallery’s extensive collection of sculptures, ancient mosaics, relics, and paintings produced by world-famous artistic geniuses.
- Stroll through the Borghese Park and hear stories of the enchanting villa.
- Take in breathtaking views from atop Pincio Terrace and complete your visit at the Spanish steps.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The Borghese Gallery is home to one of Rome’s richest art collections. Featuring masterpieces from brilliant artists like Caravaggio, Raphael, Bernini, Titian, Canova, Correggio, and Rubens, the gallery is a living testament to Italian artists from the fifteenth to seventeenth century.
Originally assembled by Cardinal Scipione Borghese, nephew of Pope Paul V, the Borghese Gallery highlights ancient Roman, Renaissance, and Baroque art. A work of art itself, the interior of the gallery is beautifully adorned with frescoes, bas-reliefs, decorated ceilings, marble floors, and impressive columns. Within the gallery’s 20 rooms, enjoy the incredible opportunity to get an up-close view of famous paintings like David with the Head of Goliath and Boy with a Basket of Fruit by Caravaggio, The Deposition by Raphael, and Melissa by Dosso Dossi. Afterward, walk past stunning sculptures like Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne and David and Canova’s Pauline Bonaparte as Venus Victrix.
Upon arrival at the Borghese Gallery, follow your guide to the priority access entrance and skip the long ticket lines with your pre-purchased tickets. Inside the gallery, get lost amidst the gallery’s 20 stunning rooms. View paintings, sculptures, and frescos from brilliant Italian artists and admire the villa’s stunning interior. Throughout your tour, hear stories about the villa’s history and learn about the talented masterminds behind the fascinating artwork. The gallery’s unique timed reservation system ensures crowds are always kept to a minimum - meaning you can enjoy one of Europe’s most fascinating museums without an overwhelming number of other visitors.
After touring the museum, head outside for a relaxing stroll through the beautiful Borghese Park - a favorite spot among locals. Next, catch the sweeping views of Rome’s plazas from the Pincio Terrace and wrap up your visit at the Spanish Steps.
- Skip-the-line priority entry
- Professional guide
- Guided tour of the Borghese Gallery, Borghese Park, Pincio Terrace & Spanish Steps
Know Before You Go
Admission - Is it necessary to book in advance?
Access to the museum is regulated by 2-hour visiting shifts, for up to 360 people per time slot, with mandatory exit at the end of each time slot. While the timed reservation system is great for keeping crowds to a minimum, it also means that tickets are limited and sell out quickly. Pre-purchasing your tickets online will ensure you get your preferred time slot and help you avoid the long ticketing queue.
Tour timings and duration
This tour is available every Wednesday and Sunday, except the the 1st Sunday of each month. Tours begin at 8:45 AM and last approximately 3 hours.
The Villa Borghese is situated within the Borghese Gardens on Pincian Hill, just north of the Spanish Steps.
• To reach by foot, climb the steps and follow the road around to the left. The park rises up from the Piazza del Popolo, with the museum at the top of the hill.
• To reach by public transport, take bus 116 and get off at Galleria Borghese, or take bus 910 (from Termini Station) and get off at Pinciana/Museo Borghese.
• By metro, the closest stop is Spagna; however, be prepared for a bit of an uphill walk.
For bus tables and public transport maps, visit Rome’s official public transportation website.
Rules and restrictions
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
These tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
How Your Tickets Work
You will receive your Borghese Gallery Elite Walking Tour tickets via email. No need to print. On the day of your experience, meet your guide at the Borghese Gallery entrance 15 minutes prior to your tour's start time and display your ticket voucher via mobile device.
Your ticket is valid only for the day and time of your scheduled tour. The tour will last approximately 3 hours.
Borghese Gallery and Museum, Piazzale Scipione Borghese, 5, Rome
Other experiences similar to Borghese Gallery Elite Walking Tour