Vatican Walking Seminar
- Admire the famous collection of antiquities that played an important role in the development of Renaissance art
- Marvel at the Sistine Chapel and have a thorough discussion on Michelangelo and his work
- Soak in the magnificence of St. Peter's Basilica, the symbolic centre of Catholicism
Experience the wonderful art treasures that the Vatican holds on this amazing 4-hour tour, led by a trained theologian or art historian.
Skip the long line and freely explore the stunning halls of the museum, which contains one of the greatest collections of ancient and Renaissance Art. Stop at the most important rooms, including the ancient statuary collection of Pope Julius II and his personal apartments decorated by Raphael.
Witness the famous collection of antiquities that played an important role in the development of Renaissance Art. Visit the remarkable Sistine Chapel and have a thorough discussion on Michelangelo and his work.
Conclude with an incredible walking tour of St. Peter's Basilica, the symbolic centre of Catholicism.
- Tour admission
- Tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers
You will get an email confirmation within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Trattoria da Paolo, Viale Vaticano, 104, Rome
- You will meet your docent outside Trattoria da Paolo at #104 Viale Vaticano, which is located across the street from the entrance to the Vatican museums. The people at the bar in Paolo's know Context Rome. If you have difficulty locating your docent, please announce yourself to them and they will help. To arrive by public transport, we recommend taking the Metro A (red) line to either the Cipro or Ottaviano metro stations. The meeting point is a 10 minute walk from either stop. From Termini station, give yourself at least 30 minutes to use the metro and get to the meeting point. We DO NOT recommend bus 64 or 40, as they drop you off by St. Peter's Basilica, which is a 20 minute walk to the meeting point
- Important Notes: The Vatican has strict dress code requirements: no shorts of any kind. For women, knees, shoulders, and upper arms must be covered. For men, no shorts or cut-off trousers/pants are allowed, and again, shoulders and upper arms must be covered. Also note, large bags or purses, backpacks, umbrellas (especially those with hooks), and any sharp objects will need to be deposited at the entrance, forcing you to return at the end of the tour (about a 30 minute walk). Best not to bring anything like this. It is possible to take strollers into the Vatican Museums but this will affect the route taken and can be challenging as the museums are crowded. Furthermore, you are not allowed to bring strollers into St Peter's Basilica
Other experiences similar to Vatican Walking Seminar