Mussolini's Imperial Ambitions - Walking Tour
- Learn about the life and ways of Benito Mussolini- the controversial Italian Dictator
- Explore Mussolini's ambitious project at onset of World War II that reflected his fascist ideologies
- Have your fill of structure, monuments and history by exploring famed fascist architectures such as the post office building, the iconic Palace of Italian Civilization, the Colosseo Quadrato (Square Colosseum)
- Accompanied by a seasoned historian learn about city plan, the beliefs from the fascist era and the Italian modern history
Elude the crowds of the Roman city centre and undertake an expedition to one of the most notorious neighborhoods of the city presently known as the EUR (Esposizione Universale di Roma - Rome’s Universal Exposition).
The district was planned by Italian Dictator Benito Mussolini in the 1930s to exhibit architecture that depicted his Fascist philosophies and beliefs. Though this ambitious project was abandoned three years after World War II, many of the buildings were however completed by that time. This tour this provides you a peek into the fascist culture and ideologies of ancient Italy.
While you explore the different sights and sites, your guide will share their extensive knowledge on the importance of the buildings and monuments. Take a walk around the Colosseum Square, the gigantic symmetrical boulevards and Neo-classical architecture from the era of fascism.
- Tour admission
- Tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
- Please arrive at the venue 15-minutes prior to departure
- Meet your docent in front of the white and gray mosaic located inside the Metro Piramide Station (B line). When you enter the station from Piazzale Ostiense the mosaic will be on the left wall that is intersected by the gates to enter into the subway.
Other experiences similar to Mussolini's Imperial Ambitions - Walking Tour