Madrid Through the Centuries
- Stroll through the streets of Madrid as you learn about the city’s Arabic roots, the Spanish monarchy and subsequent French occupation, the civil war and the dictatorship of the 20th century
- Explore the medieval remnants at the Plaza Mayor, which still stands untouched from the era of the Habsburg dynasty
- Get a taste of local culture with a visit to the market and stop by at one of the most traditional and well-loved chocolate cafes in the city
On this comprehensive tour of Madrid, you’ll get a taste of its fascinating history as well as its contemporary glory.
As you walk through the streets, your knowledgeable guide will fill you in on the city’s Arabic roots, the Spanish monarchy and subsequent French occupation, the civil war and the dictatorship of the 20th century. You will love exploring the medieval remnants at the Plaza Mayor, which still stands untouched from the era of the Habsburg dynasty and learn about how Madrid became the capital of Spain as early as 1561.
You can then come back to the present with a visit to the market and pop into one of the most traditional and well-loved chocolate cafes. You will also get a taste of Madrid’s political history at the Puerta del Sol where the 1808 uprising against the French occurred and the site of the commemoration of the 2004 terror attacks.
- Tour admission
- Tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Café del Real, Plaza de Isabel II, 2, Madrid
- Please arrive at the venue 15-minutes prior to departure
- You will meet your docent at the entrance to the Café Del Real, located at 2, Plaza de Isabel II (at the corner of the Plaza and Calle Escalinata). The cafe is just outside the Opéra metro station, to the right of the McDonald's. The cafe has a red façade and gold signage
Other experiences similar to Madrid Through the Centuries