Savoring Madrid: Tavernas and Tapas
- Learn about the history of tapas and the folklore of its origins on this unique food tour led by culinary experts
- Enjoy a glass of beer and typical boquerones (anchovies marinated in vinegar) in a historic taverna
- Explore the variations in tapas across the country, which might differ from that of Madrid, available in different tapas bars in the city
While everyone knows that tapas are the staple of Catalan cuisine, the best dishes and specialties are only known to the insiders.
On this delicious tour guided by culinary experts, you will start at a historic taverna and discover the history of tapas and the folklore of its origins. You will learn the basics of making tapas and other signature dishes and how they have become the local staples while enjoying a glass of beer and typical boquerones (anchovies marinated in vinegar). Next, you will head to one of Madrid’s oldest taverna’s dating back to the 19th century where you can enjoy their signature tapas.
After this, you can explore the variations in tapas across the country, which might differ from that of Madrid, available in different tapas bars in the city.
- Tour admission
- Tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Starbucks coffee shop, Westin Palace Hotel, Plaza de las Cortes, 7, Madrid
- Please arrive at the venue 15-minutes prior to departure
- We meet at the Starbucks coffee shop located within the Westin Palace Hotel. The Starbucks is located on Plaza de Canovas de Castillo, just a block from the Prado. We meet just inside the doorway to the Starbucks, on the left. NOTE: Please let us know of any food allergies in advance of the tour