City Invented, Haussmann and the Making of Modern Paris: Walking Tour
- Learn the history behind modern Paris through our expert docent
- Tag along with a mall group and have endless fun while on the go
- Quench your thirsty eyes by witnessing the world’s best architecture
The architectural history walking seminar extends an opportunity to you to discuss many issues of French culture, most notably the change in French social structure following the revolution. It will deliver all your answers relating to the making of this classy city.
All this with our knowledgeable docent will make it worth a three-hour tour through the most important architectures of the city. Baron Hausmann the prefect of Napoleon III played a vital role in implementing new ideas in restructuring the city and making it what it is today.
Attracting travellers from all around the world this tour is going to leave you with the thrilling experience of knowing the history of this beautiful city which goes back to the seventeenth century. You will also get a chance to the famous and most iconic example of second empire urbanism, the Opéra Garnier too.
- Tour admission
- Tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
- Please arrive at the venue 15-minutes prior to departure
- We meet in front of the Cafe Palais Royal, on the corner of Rue St. Honore and Rue de Valois. The exact address is 202 Rue St. Honore. The nearest metro stop is Palais Royal/Musee du Louvre, on the pink line 7, or on the yellow line 1. If you are coming from the metro, follow exit signs to Palais Royal. You will exit into a small open square, flanked by the Rue Rivoli on one side and Rue St. Honore on the other. The Cafe is visible from the square, and has a red awning with Cafe Palais Royal in yellow neon. We normally include a visit to the Opera Garnier and will pre-purchase tickets which your docent will have for you at the start of the walk. Should the interior be closed unexpectedly for rehearsals, your docent will include an alternate site equally relevant to the walk's theme. In this case we will refund the cost of your Opera tickets.