From Shakespeare to the Globe: The Evolution of Theatre in London - Private Tour
- Learn about the history and culture of British theatre
- View three of London’s most iconic theatres- The Globe Theatre and the Royal Theatres of Drury Lane and Covent Garden
- Have your fill of history while you learn about facts, accounts and controversies related to this mesmerising form of entertainment
- Know about William Shakespeare’s journey from a little-known boy to the most lauded poet and playwright throughout history
- Have a knowledgeable historian accompany you while providing you with adequate information on British theatre from both the past and present
Under the glamour, beauty and rich history of London, lies a completely different world that has been a great source of entertainment throughout the ages- Theatre.
The theatre has always played a significant part in British culture with its vibrant past and groundbreaking present. Travel back in time and learn about the work of William Shakespeare; the iconic Globe theatre and the related controversies that made this form of entertainment so feared in the bygone era.
Take a walk across the Drury Lane and the Covent Garden and explore the two royal theatres with their century old legacies. Enjoy narratives how the theatre transformed into a respected form of entertainment and vocation over the ages. Most importantly be fascinated by the journey of Shakespeare- how he transformed from a little-known young man to one of the most celebrated dramatists of all time.
- Tour admission
- Tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
The George Inn Yard, 77 Borough High St, Southwark, London
Please arrive at the venue 15-minutes prior to departure