VIP Colosseum Night Tour with Underground & Arena Floor
With a small group of 23 people or less, Visit the Colosseum on a special after-hours night tour. Without the crowds, enjoy an intimate experience in the world’s largest amphitheater; plus, you’ll get exclusive access to the underground area - a part of the Colosseum that can only be visited with a licensed guide. Afterward, venture out on a walking tour of ancient Rome.
- Witness the Colosseum at night on a private small-group tour with 23 people or fewer.
- Your 2 hours 45 minutes tour includes a visit to the Colosseum plus a walking tour of ancient Roman surroundings.
- On your VIP access tour, explore the Colosseum underground & arena floor, Capitoline Hill (piazza del Campidoglio) with Roman Hill overlook, via Dei Fori Imperiali, Piazza Venezia, Vittorio Emanuele II Monument, Mussolini's balcony and imperial thoroughfare.
- This high demand tour has limited availability and often sells out months in advance - pre-book your spot to secure your place on this exciting VIP tour.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The Colosseum is one of Italy’s most popular destinations, attracting over 5 million visitors every year. Believed to have been constructed as a gift from ancient emperors to the Roman people, this grand outdoor amphitheater once served as the epicentre for entertainment, hosting various public spectacles and games. A stage for gladiator fights, often including animals, the Colosseum has quite the bloody past. Step back in time, marvel at the impressive architecture and walk the floor of the greatest arena known to mankind.
For more tips on how to make the most of your experience, including must-see sites at the Roman Forum, best photo op spots and much more, check out our collection page for Colosseum tours and tickets.
Visit the Colosseum on an exclusive after-hours tour. With your small group of 24 people or less, enter the attraction after normal hours for a much more intimate experience without the crowds. Upon entering the Colosseum, follow your guide underground, to the area where animals and gladiators once awaited their turn to fight. This area can only be visited on pre-booked guided tours, such as this one, so this is a rare opportunity!
Next, make your way to the arena floor. An official Colosseum guard who will unlock a special gate, revealing an iconic walkway onto the floor. Walk the footsteps of ancient Roman gladiators as you step out onto the floor of this gigantic amphitheater. Here you can enjoy the most incredible vantage point in the Colosseum.
After you finish touring the Colosseum, your follow your guide to the Piazza Venezia. By far one of the most beautiful buildings to be seen at night, soak up views of the famous monument that represents new Rome and new Italy. From here, walk up to the Capitoline Hill, also known as (Piazza del Campidoglio). Designed by Michelangelo, this square has an excellent view of the Roman Forum. Listen to tales of the ancient empire as your guide continues the tour, pointing out via Dei Fori Imperiali, Vittorio Emanuele II Monument, Mussolini's balcony, and more.
- Special access to visit the Colosseum Underground and Arena Floor at night
- Expert tour guide
- Walking tour of Capitoline Hill, Mussolini's balcony, Vittorio Emanuele II Monument, Piazza Venezia and more
- Guaranteed small group of 24 people or fewer
- Headset for tour commentary
Know Before You Go
Upon booking, you will receive an email with detailed information about your meeting point. Please arrive with a printed copy of your confirmation email.
2 hours 45 minutes
Colosseum in lights (exterior and interior)
Colosseum underground & arena floor
Roman Forum overlook
Vittorio Emanuele II Monument
Mussolini's balcony and imperial thoroughfare
The Capitoline Hill (piazza del Campidoglio) and via Dei Fori Imperiali
Rules and restrictions
For safety and security reasons, no large backpacks or pieces of luggage are allowed inside the Colosseum.
These tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
How to Use Your Ticket
You will receive an email with detailed information about your tour meeting point. Please arrive with a printed copy of your confirmation email.
Your ticket is valid only for the evening of your scheduled tour.
Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, Rome
Other experiences similar to VIP Colosseum Night Tour with Underground & Arena Floor