Private Tour Of Montserrat with Food & Wine
- Have your fill of history, culture, and beauty with a visit to Montserrat that enables you a peek into the ancient Catalonian lifestyle while keeping you firmly rooted to the modern day way of living
- Indulge yourself with a three-course lunch menu served with wine and tea/coffee
- Explore the fascinating castle Oller del Mas which has been transformed into a winery
- Learn about the wine making process and treat yourselves to some wine tasting served with local cheese
Gear up for an incredible journey around Barcelona’s countryside with this incredible voyage that enables you to immerse yourself in the history, culture, architecture and beauty of the Catalan lands and; the city of Barcelona. Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, explore the magical mountains of Montserrat, the spiritual Monastery and engross yourself in some enchanting scenic beauty. Next enjoy a three-course Catalan lunch menu at a local country club that will indeed delight the foodie and the naturalist in you.
Post lunch, visit the 10th century Oller del Mas castle that has now been transformed into a delightful winery. Learn about the entire process of wine making process- starting from its production to ageing as well as tasting some incredible wine served with a stupendous local cheese platter. If you happen to enjoy the finer things in life, this is indeed the tour for you.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle and professional driver throughout the tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Exclusive professional English-speaking tour guide
- Extended guided visit throughout Montserrat Monastery and Natural Park
- Three-course regional lunch, drinks and coffee/tea at a local country-club
- Extended visit and entrance fee to Oller del Mas Cellar
- Wine tasting consisting of 3 different high-quality wines
- Regional and artisanal cheese platter
- Tips and gratuities
This place is unbelievable.So beautiful and lots to take your time walking around and viewing. There are plenty of walks to do but if you're with young family and just want to do the general tourist bits of the basillica and black Madonna then I'd say you could do it in around 90 mins. The art, architecture and ambience of the place is outstanding. We were really really lucky to see a wedding here along with a performance in the courtyard from a choir and a performance inside from the University of Santo Tomas from the Philippines. There's a street of votives and you purchase these from a stand by just dropping your coins in the box. The train ride up into the mountains gives great views.I'll definitely go back to take more time to explore the various walks and monastery further.
Had a wonderful day at Monserrat.We attended the mass but disappointed not to see the image of the black Madonna because of the limitted time .Also missed some of the walkable sites around the area.Good thing we managed to go to the top of the hill.If you want to see everything without time limit I suggest a whole day Tour.
This is a great trip if you want to escape the city. I suggest to buy the combo train ticket. With it, you can immediately take the cable car up to the top of the mountain.. Once in Montserrat you can either descend to the cable car, or take the train in the local station on top of the mountain. If you want to enjoy the best views, it is certainly worthwhile to then take the cable train (Funicural) which brings you to the very top of the mountain. You can also hike to the top. We took the funicular to the top and then walked back down to enjoy the beautiful scenery.With wonderful cafe.
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Tour will begin & end at your hotel, Barcelona
- The duration of this tour is around 10 hours. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel at the time requested by you
- Please note that the tour description above is just a suggestion. Most aspects of this tour, as well as all our other private experiences, may be modified upon request prior to the booking
- If the size of your party is larger than 6, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide you with a tailor-made budget