Multi Day excursion to Naples, Pompeii and Sorrento from Rome
See the best of southern Italy, from the historic site of Pompeii to the azure waters of the bay of Naples surrounding the coast of Sorrento. With professional guides helping you navigate and at least 48 hours at your disposal, this tour ensures that you capture the essence of the real Italy and make the memories of a lifetime!
- Set off from Rome towards the city of Naples, crossing the fertile countryside synonymous with the regions of Campania and Lazio.
- Marvel at the view of the city and of Mt Vesuvius on your panoramic tour of Naples.
- Stop for lunch amidst monumental grounds and gardens dating back to the 1700s.
- Explore the historic city of Pompeii with skip the line access to the archeological site of Pompeii.
- Drive down to Sorrento for dinner and an overnight stay at a 4 star hotel.
Depart from the capital city and head down the aptly named ‘Sun Highway’, passing through the Castelli Romani, a volcanic area with flourishing agriculture that is marked with communes and historical castles before reaching Naples. Relax during the scenic tour of the city as you climb up Vomero hill to catch a glimpse of the unparalleled view of the city surrounded by the bay of Naples and the majestic Mt. Vesuvius. You will have the opportunity to capture a few memories as you stop here for some photographs before heading down south to the city of Ercolano, once known as Herculaneum, where you will halt for lunch in one of the finest restaurants in the area.
After lunch, you will reach the historic city of Pompeii. Deemed a World HerItage Site by UNESCO, this important archeological site showcases the ruins of the once prosperous city, covered in deadly volcanic ash in 79 AD by the violent eruption of Mt Vesuvius. Avail skip the line access to this city, crystallized through time until it was rediscovered a few centuries ago. Marvel at the lavish frescoes and mosaics as you walk through the houses and establishments of the former inhabitants. Once the visit concludes, drive along the coast before reaching picturesque town of Sorrento. Enjoy dinner here and an overnight stay at a lovely 4 star hotel. Have a leisurely breakfast before spending some time shopping in the town or opt for a tour of the Amalfi Coast or the island of Capri on your own. Wind down on your way back to Rome or stick around for an optional additional day for more fun in the sun with another night’s stay and dinner included!
- Hotel pickup and drop off from or near centrally located hotels in Rome.
- A professional local guide in multiple languages (English and Spanish daily, while German is only on Saturday and Sunday).
- Skip the line entrance tickets to Pompeii.
- Audioguide in the archaeological site of Pompeii in multiple languages (Italian, French, German, English, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and Russian).
- 1 lunch and 1 dinner for the 2 Day Tour or 1 lunch and 2 dinners for the 3 Day Tour.
- 1 overnight stay for the 2 Day Tour or 2 overnight stays for the 3 Day Tour at a 4 Star Hotel.
Know Before You Go
Pick ups start at 6:30 AM from centrally located hotels. The tour begins at 7:30 AM daily and you will be dropped at or near your hotel at the end of your tour.
This tour lasts approximately 48-72 hours, depending on whether your select a 2 Day or 3 Day Tour.
Please enter the name of the hotel you would like to be picked up from along with a valid phone number at the time of checkout for operational reasons.
You will be accommodated in a 4 star hotel.
Should the booking be for only 1 person, they will be allotted a Standard room with a supplement charge that is included in the price. Should the booking be for 2 people, they will be accommodated together in the Standard room on a private sharing basis.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to three days in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email with your voucher. No need to print. Please display the same at the time of pick up.
Tour will begin at your hotel, Rome
- Only one piece of luggage per person allowed.
- For technical reasons, the order of the tour could be reversed.
- Dinner dress code: Jacket for men.