Day Tour: Volendam, Edam, and Windmills from Amsterdam
What You Get
- Day Trip to Zaanse Schans, Edam, and Volendam
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Entry to the Amsterdam Lookout (optional)
- Professional Tour Guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
Your Day Trip At Zaanse Schans, Edam, and Volendam
Escape the mundane city routine with this half-day guided tour of the classic Dutch countryside. Upon pick-up from your designated meeting point, you will be driven in a luxury coach to windmill haven - Zaanse Schans. This village is home to windmills dating back to the 18th and 19th century. Here, you can watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, and then explore the village at your own pace.
Next, you continue on to Edam, the pearl of the Zuiderzee. The town's ancient streets and canals are etched by beautiful 17th-century buildings. Some of these famous structures include the Carillon Tower, the Great Church, and town hall. You can also check out the public weighing house, where to date Edam cheese is sold every Wednesday.
Finally, you make a stop at the picturesque seaside village of Volendam. A major tourist attraction since the late 1800's, this fishing village is thronged by thousands to see the small buildings and houses. A great place for a souvenir, and to get pictures clicked in traditional Dutch costume. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the city, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (Fish Auction).
Tour Pickup Location & Times
- 08:30 - Wyndham Apollo hotel, Apollolaan 2
- 08:40 - Heineken Experience bus stop, Stadhouderskade 78
- 08:50 - Busstop Rokin, across no. 122, close to Kooij Canal Cruises
- 0900 - A'DAM tower, overhoeksplein 5, opposite central station. Catch the 5-minute free ferry (buiksloterweg) behind the station to get here.
- Hotel Transfers
You will receive your voucher via email. Please display the same along with a valid Photo I.D at the pickup location.
Amsterdam Tower, Overhoeksplein 5, opposite central station, Amsterdam