Papal Audience With Pope Francis in Vatican City
Enjoy a once in a lifetime opportunity as you meet the Pope on this Papal Audience tour. Find wonder in one of the oldest traditions of the Vatican, as you become part of a select few to get the Pope's blessings. Pray along with the Pope or just be part of one of the most popular and stunning traditions in the world.
Papal Audience Highlights
- This tour provides you with an opportunity to enjoy an audience with Pope Francis I.
- You will be able to join devoted Catholics from around the world and take part in one of the most spiritual traditions in all of Christianity.
- You will also learn about the history of the Papacy and Vatican City.
- On the tour, you will also be able to catch glorious views of the Castel Sant'Angelo as you walk via Della Conciliazione.
- You will also sightsee other landmarks including the Via Nazionale, Corso Rinascimento, and Piazza Dei Tribunali.
Why You Shouldn't Miss This
An audience with the Pope is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. Every Wednesday, an audience is held in the Vatican where the Pope addresses the general public. It's not a mass but more of an informal meeting where the Pope gives a speech. The ceremony is then followed by prayers and some singing.
At the Pontifical State’s discretion, the audience might be celebrated in St. Peter’s Square or in the Nervi Hall. During the Papal Audience, the Pope usually blesses religious articles. If you are carrying a bible or a rosary, and you happen to be close to the Pope, then you also will have the chance to get them blessed. Sometimes, parents visiting the audience also hold up their babies so they can be blessed by the Pope.
Apart from the audience with the Pope, you will also get to learn about the history of Vatican City as well as have the opportunity to sightsee places such as Castel Sant'Angelo, Via Nazionale, Piazza Venezia, Corso Vittorio, Corso Rinascimento, Lungotevere and Piazza Dei Tribunali.
On the day of the Papal Audience, you will be picked up from your hotel early in the morning around 6:30 AM and make your way to St. Peter's Square for the audience. The tour begins with a short panoramic tour that takes you past Via Nazionale, Piazza Venezia, Corso Vittorio, Corso Rinascimento and Lungotevere before you are dropped off at Piazza dei Tribunali. Piazza dei Tribunali is located about 1 km from St. Peter’s Basilica.
From Piazza dei Tribunali, the group will walk close to Castel Sant’Angelo and along via della Conciliazione to reach St. Peter's Basilica. The audience may be celebrated in either St. Peter’s Square or the Nervi Hall depending on the Pontifical State’s discretion. At the Papal Audience, you will be able to find wonder in one of the oldest traditions of the Vatican, as you're part of the select few to get the Pope's blessings.
The tour finally ends after approximately 5 hours at St. Peter's Square.
- Guided tour with English speaking guide
- Confirmed invitation and attendance to Papal Audience with Pope Francis I
- Escorted visit and presentation
- Hotel pick-up starting from 6:30 AM
- Hotel drop-off
Know Before You Go
This Papal Audience tour takes place on Wednesday only and begins early in the morning at around 6:30 AM. You will be picked up from your hotel. The tour will finally end at around 11:00 AM.
The tour begins at your hotel and you will be transported to the Vatican. However, drop offs are not included as the tour ends at St. Peter's Square.
What to Wear
Please be dressed appropriately. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• You will receive your Papal Audience voucher in a few minutes.
• On the day of the tour, you will be picked up from your hotel to visit St. Peter's Square.
• Display the voucher on your mobile phone to the driver and head for your tour.