Early Access Group Tour to Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel
On this guided tour, you will enter the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel before everyone else. In the company of an expert guide, you will be able to gain access to the museums and Sistine Chapel more than an hour before the scheduled opening time and enjoy the treasures of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel in solitude and peace.
Early Access Tour Highlights
- Get exclusive early access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- You'll be one of the first groups to enter the Sistine Chapel with this exclusive early access pass! Entering 15 mins before any tour group enters and 1.5 hours before the Chapel's opening time.
- While the Vatican Museums open at 9.00 AM, you will be able to enter the museum at 7:20 AM before anyone else.
- This is an extremely exclusive tour, allowing you to experience the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel in solitude with only your group and guide accompanying you.
- After the early tour, you are free to roam about and explore the Vatican Museums at your own pace.
Why You Shouldn't Miss This
This guided tour provides you with a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the general public for the day. Beginning more than an hour before the scheduled opening time of 9:00 AM, you will be able to explore the galleries of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel in complete isolation with only your group and guide to give you company. With thousands of visitors flocking to the museums every day, it is one of the most crowded attractions in Rome. This tour, however, allows you to peacefully experience the beauty of the Vatican Museums without the distraction that crowds of tourists bring.
The Vatican Museums are home to a number of classical sculptures and paintings by Renaissance greats such as Raphael, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, Bernini and Leonardo da Vinci. Artists such as Vincent van Gogh, Salvador Dalí, and Pablo Picasso are also represented in the Modern Religious Art section.
The Sistine Chapel is situated at the end of the Vatican Museums and neighbors St. Peter's Basilica. Covered in the artistic works of Botticelli, Ghirlandaio and Cosimo Roselli among others, it is probably most famous for its frescoes that were painted by the great Michelangelo. Painted by Michelangelo in a span of 4 years, the frescoes of the Sistine Chapel are considered to be a cornerstone of western art. The Last Judgement is probably the most famous single work of art in the Sistine Chapel and covers the wall behind the altar.
Your tour will begin at the designated point where you will meet your guide. The meeting point is the steps near the bar “Caffe Vaticano" (Viale Vaticano, 100) and is situated opposite the entrance of the Vatican Museums.
After you meet your guide, you will head straight to the Vatican Museums. Your guide will lead you through its 54 galleries and show you the highlights of the Vatican Museums. You will explore the Raphael Rooms, the Pinecone Courtyard, the Gallery of the Candelabra and the Gallery of the Tapestries and Maps.
Next, the tour will head to the Sistine Chapel, the last building in the Vatican Museums complex. Here, you will come face to face with some of the most important works of art, some that are considered to be cornerstones of western art. The most impressive among them will be the marvelous ceiling that was painted by Michelangelo in a span of 4 years. Another iconic piece is The Last Judgement, also painted by the great Michelangelo.
For additional tips on what to see inside the Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel, refer to our Vatican tours and tickets collection.
- Exclusive early access to the Vatican Museums
- Licensed guide
Know Before You Go
This tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel takes place on all days except Sunday at 7:20 AM. Please arrive at the meeting point by 7:15 AM.
The meeting point is the steps near the bar “Caffe Vaticano" (Viale Vaticano, 100) and is situated opposite the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The closest station to this point is the Ottaviano-S. Pietro station. Line A of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes.
What to Wear
Please be dressed appropriately. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
there are a number of classical sculptures and paintings by Renaissance artists. you simply cat miss enjoying it at your own pace without being pushed around
the tickets to the easrly access griup tour were so cheap that i just had to book it as a gift to my wife who enjoyes musuem tours to the core. This gave her a chance to enjoy these wonderful landmarks in peace
The Vatican is overflowing with people, so while booking forr our rome holiday, we booked the Early Access Group Tour to Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel. saves so much time and energy
How to Redeem Your Tickets
• You will receive your guided tour voucher in a few minutes.
• On the day of the experience, head to meeting point and display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a photo ID to begin your tour.
• The exact meeting point is the staircase near the bar “Caffe Vaticano" (Viale Vaticano, 100) and is situated opposite the entrance of the Vatican Museum. Here, you will meet our staff.
• Begin your exclusive early access tour.
Caffe Vaticano, Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma, Italy, Roma