Cats the Musical
Cats - The Musical
Captivating audiences around the world since its first performance in May 1981, CATS has won 7 Tony Awards and become one of the most successful Broadway shows ever created. Based on the Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by legendary author T.S. Elliot, and created for Broadway by Andrew Lloyd Webber, CATS tells the story of one magical night.
Set amongst a larger-than-life junkyard playground and alive with feline characters, this stunning production invites you to the “Jellicle Ball”, the annual ball for a tribe of cats, who gather to rejoice and decide which cat will ascend to “The Heaviside Layer” and be reborn into a whole new life.
Cats Musical Reviews
- “Quentin Earl Darrington has great authority as Old Deuteronomy, while Daniel Gaymon’s athletic Macavity, Andy Huntington Jones’ regal Munkustrap, and all the other members of the Jellicle tribe are flying high — now and forever.”
-- Marilyn Stasio, Variety
- “Mr Lloyd Webber is a musical magpie who can compose soaring pseudo-classical music as smoothly as he can jaunty music-hall-style jingles or jazz-inflected rock songs. His dexterity as a composer has never been more vividly showcased as it was, and is, in Cats.”
-- Charles Isherwood, NY Times
Cats Broadway Cast & Creatives
Stars: Leona Lewis, Tyler Hanes, Ricky Ubeda, Quentin Earl Darrington, Eloise Kropp, Guiseppe Bausilio & others
Director: Trevor Nunn
Music and Lyrics: Andrew Lloyd Webber
Book: T.S. Eliot, Trevor Nunn and Richard Stilgoe
Choreographer: Andy Blankenbuehler
7 Tony Awards including Best Musical
1) Is there a possibility that I will get partial view seating for my Cats the Musical tickets?
No, you will only receive full view seats. Although, there are a few seats in the Balcony section that have a thin structural pipe within eyesight. This, however, will not hamper your view or affect your show experience.
2) Is there a dress code for Cats the Musical?
Smart casual is recommended. Keep in mind the theater is air conditioned throughout the year and can get a bit chilly.
3) Is there a minimum age requirement to watch Cats the Musical?
The minimum age requirement to attend a show here is four years.
4) Is the ticket price for children different than adults?
No, children will have to purchase a full priced ticket.
5) Does the Neil Simon Theatre have wheelchair accessible seating?
Wheelchair accessible seating is available; however, seats are subject to availability.
6) What is the duration of Cats the Musical and will there be an intermission?
The show runs for 2 hours and 20 minutes, with one intermission.
7) Can we bring outside food into the Neil Simon Theatre?
Food and beverages from outside are strictly prohibited.
8) Can I can bring a bag, luggage, camera etc.?
No large pieces of luggage are allowed inside, but you can check them in at the Secure Baggage Area, located near the entrance. Handbags, cameras, and other small accessories are allowed inside. If carrying a camera, be sure to keep it in your bag at all times. Photography is strictly prohibited inside the theater.
9) What time should I arrive at the Neil Simon Theatre?
We recommend reaching the theater 30 minutes before curtain time. Performances begin promptly at the time stated on your ticket and the theater reserves the right to deny entry if you are late.
10) Will my Cats the Musical seats be together?
Yes, we always make sure your reservation seats are together. Keep in mind, many theaters use an odd and even-numbered sequence for seating.
Price of tickets and ease of meeting the Headout representative with the tickets.
I was supposed to pick my tickets up at 7:30 but they were a little late. I was getting nervous. But she did show up and the show was great.
The Headout representative kindly waited for my group to arrive, even though we were a few minutes late. He called to make sure we were coming, and went about and beyond to ensure that we made our show. The process was easy, and I am looking forward to book tickets with Headout again!
Your booking confirmation will be sent to you via email.
Neil Simon Theatre, 250 W 52nd Street , NY
Other experiences similar to Cats the Musical