GDR Stasi-Prison Tour from Potsdamer Platz
Immerse yourself into the dark history of Germany and learn about a time of great political persecution. Discover numerous monuments that were part of the former German Democratic Republic, including an insightful visit to its notorious Stasi Prison!
- Explore the Karl-Marx-Allee and Frankfurter Allee in Berlin, one of the longest architectural monuments of Europe
- Understand the political history of the German Democratic Republic and its era of political persecution from your German-speaking tour guide
- Discover life inside the Stasi Prisoners from firsthand accounts of former prisoners themselves
- Pass by the East Side Gallery and Berlin’s new city quarter by the Mercedes-Benz-Arena
- With a maximum of 6 participants per tour group, enjoy a fairly private tour of the memorial
- Comfortable transfers on a luxurious 8-seater make for a hassle-free experience altogether
A city tour through the Frankfurt and Karl-Marx-Allee will begin your GDR experience. The prisons that they operated have been preserved, and depict the 44 years of political persecution. Numerous photographs and artifacts can be seen on the tour, giving insight into the life of prisoners and inmates. Former prisoners will take you on a 2-hour tour through the cells and interrogation rooms of the Stasi Prisons, giving you eye-witness accounts of the conditions in which prisoners used to live there.
Located in a restricted military area, the prison was completely cut off from the outside world, and could not be found on East Germany city maps. An unforgettable history lesson of Berlin’s dark past and political persecution awaits you!
- Admission into the Hohenschonhausen Memorial Stasi Prison
- Services of an expert German-speaking tour guide
- Round-trip transfers
- One soft drink per guest
- Food and snacks
Daily at 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM & 2:00 PM
Ages 0-16yrs enjoy reduced pricing (please carry a valid photo ID)
Know Before You Go
It is advised to wear comfortable clothing and footwear since there is a fair amount of walking involved
This guided tour lasts about 4 hours
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on cancelling this ticket up to 4 days before schedule
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a valid photo ID at the boarding point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID for verification
- Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes in advance to avoid any delays
Make your way to the meeting point at Potsdamer Platz, in front of the "Ritz-Carlton" hotel (at Potsdamer Platz, 10785 Berlin, Germany).
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.