Take a tour back in time as you make your way to Palazzo Altemps, the perfect embodiment of Renaissance architecture in Rome! Well-known for its Renaissance and Baroque archeological collections, you’ll have plenty to see and marvel at.
- Find yourself in Ancient Rome as you head to one of the four sites of the National Roman Museum, Palazzo Altemps
- Housing sculptures from worshipped Baroque and Renaissance archaeological collections, you won’t run out of sights to see
- Check out the renowned Boncompagni Ludovisi collection, the rich sixteenth-century collection of Asdrubale and Ciriaco Mattei and the Altemps collection itself
The Palazzo Altemps is definitely the perfect manifestation of Renaissance architecture in Rome, making this an ideal tourist destination when in the city. Started in 1477 by Girolamo Riario, this palace was once decked with marble workshops! One of the four sites of the National Roman Museum, Palazzo Altemps simply cannot be missed. The other 3 sites are Palazzo Massimo, the Baths of Diocletian and the Crypta Balbi.
Make sure to check out the world-famous Renaissance and Baroque archaeological collections, like the Boncompagni Ludovisi collection, the rich sixteenth-century collection of Asdrubale and Ciriaco Mattei and the Altemps collection itself! Of the Altemps collection, marvel at the sixteen sculptures which were regained, four of which can be found under the arches of the northern portico. One such masterpiece is the Ludovisi Throne, part of the oneLudovisi collection!
- Entry ticket into Palazzo Altemps
Ages 17yrs and below go free
Know Before You Go
Tue - Sun: 9:00 AM- 7:45 PM
This tour is wheelchair accessible
Strict Cancellation Policy
Cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Your meeting point is at the attraction itself- Palazzo Altemps (Piazza di Sant'Apollinare, 46, 00186 Roma RM, Italy)
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Palazzo Altemps
Nearest bus stop is Zanardelli, a 1-minute walk to the attraction
Buses 30, 70, 81 & 87 stop here
Nearest metro station is Spagna, which is a 5-minute walk to the attraction
Metro line MEA stops here