West Rim Bus Tour with Helicopter Ride & River Cruise
Travel through the Colorado River Valley and the Mojave Desert in an air-conditioned bus as your driver points out the sights and explains the history of the area. Upon arrival at Grand Canyon West, board a helicopter for an exhilarating 4,000 foot descent to the bottom of the canyon. Enjoy a pontoon boat cruise along the Colorado River before returning to the rim for exploration of all the West Rim’s best view points.
- Get away from the man-made wonders of Las Vegas and venture into the picturesque natural scenery of the Grand Canyon.
- On your way, stop at the impressive O’Callaghan-Tillman Bridge - the new Hoover Dam bypass - and enjoy fascinating views of the dam.
- During your comfortable commute in an AC motor coach, learn all about the area’s history as your driver/guide explains the sights along the way.
- At the West Rim, climb into a helicopter and experience an exhilarating descent to the canyon’s floor.
- Next, hop on a pontoon boat and enjoy a relaxing cruise up the Colorado River.
- After your flight back to the top of the rim, check out Eagle Point, Guano Point and Hualapai Ranch.
- Add the Skywalk to your tour and feel the adrenaline as you walk out, 70 feet beyond the edge of the canyon.
Why You Shouldn’t MIss This
The Grand Canyon is one of the world’s most impressive geological wonders. A two billion-year-old gorge eroded slowly by wind and water, the only way to fully take in the canyon’s grandeur is on a top to bottom tour! The West Rim is the only section of the Grand Canyon where you can fly to the bottom via helicopter. Soak up breathtaking views along the way as you make your way by bus, check out the viewpoints along the rim, and explore the canyon floor - all in one day!
About Your Vegas to GC West Rim Bus Tour with Helicopter and River Cruise Experience
Get picked up from your hotel and make your way to the bus depot. As you board a modern motor coach, your adventure begins to unfold with a stop to photograph Hoover Dam from the vantage point of the impressive O’Callaghan-Tillman Bridge.
Your trip continues through the ever-changing desert landscape until you arrive at the entrance to Grand Canyon West and its forest of Joshua Trees. This Native American Tribal Park does not disappoint. It holds traditional dwellings and a Hualapai Market. You can tour replicas of Native American homes, watch traditional dances and cultural performances and experience the excitement of a gunfight! The day’s activities continue when you climb on board a modern helicopter for the 4,000-foot descent onto the Grand Canyon floor. And the next event begins at the docks on the river as you board a pontoon boat for a trip along the smooth surface of the Colorado River. Look up along the canyon walls as float up the river. After your float trip, the helicopter awaits to whisk you back up to the rim.
Time for a complimentary lunch at your choice of local eateries is included in the price of the tour. Approximately 4 hours is allotted for your Canyon West visit, before the time arrives for the bus to take you back to your Las Vegas hotel.
Upgrade your tour with entry to the Skywalk during checkout!
Situated right across from Eagle Point, visit the West Rim’s exhilarating, man-made Skywalk. A tremendous, U-shaped glass bridge that juts out 70 feet from the canyon’s rim, feel the adrenaline as you walk along the platform, suspended 4,000 feet in the air. An impressive architectural feat, gaze down below you at the canyon floor and rushing Colorado River. This unforgettable experience is a must for any West Rim tour!
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Round-trip transport via AC motorcoach from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon
- Entertaining and informing commentary from your driver/guide
- 15-20 min stop at the Hoover Dam for photos
- 5-7 min helicopter descent to the bottom of the West Rim and heli ride back to the rim
- 15-20 minute pontoon boat cruise on the Colorado River through the canyon
- Tour of the West Rim with visits at Eagle Point, Guano Point and Hualapai Ranch
- Entry to Skywalk (optional upgrade)
Know Before You Go:
Tour duration: 12 hours, not including hotel transfers
Drive time: Approximately 3 hours each way
Time spent at the Grand Canyon: 4 hours
Hotel pickup: Complimentary pickup from most major hotels in Las Vegas (if your hotel is not covered, or if you are not staying in a hotel, you may redeem your pickup at the nearest major hotel). You will be picked up 1 hour and 30 minutes prior to the time slot you book your tour for. The booking time is when your coach departs.
Departure: You will driven to the bus depot from your hotel. Check in and board an air-conditioned motor coach. Restroom facilities are available on motor coaches.
Stop at the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge: 15 minute break for photos and amazing views of the dam at the new O’Callaghan-Tillman Bridge.
Helicopter flight: 5-7 min helicopter descent to the bottom of the West Rim and heli ride back to the rim.
River cruise: 15-25 minute pontoon boat cruise on the Colorado River through the canyon.
What to bring: Valid photo I.D. (required for all passengers boarding the aircraft), sunscreen, sunglasses, camera (Please note: the use of Selfie Sticks and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.)
Can I take pictures at the Skywalk? Unfortunately, no. To protect the glass paneling from scratches, personal items including cameras and cellphones are not allowed on the Skywalk. There are lockers on site to safely store your belongings in the meantime. You can purchase a souvenir photo from a professional photographer.
Is Skywalk safe? Absolutely! In fact, the Skywalk can support the weight of 71 fully loaded 747 airplane. To put this into perspective, that’s equivalent to more than eight hundred 200 lb. people. It can also withstand winds up to 100 miles per hour and magnitude 8.0 earthquakes. Still not convinced? The red limestone that anchors the Skywalk can support 16,000 pounds of pressure per square inch.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive email confirmation with your order confirmation number shortly. On the day of your experience, display your order confirmation number on your mobile device along with a valid government issued photo ID upon hotel pickup.