After Hours Privileged Night Access to St. Mark's Basilica
When the sun sets and the tour crowds slowly disperse, gear up for an exclusive after-hours privileged night tour of St. Mark’s Basilica. Walk past closed doors and restricted areas with your cosy group of 25 as you discover this icon’s hidden tales and secrets.
- Be greeted with open doors at St. Mark’s Basilica when the night draws close and get ready for an immersive 1.5-hour guided tour of the much-adored Venetian landmark.
- In groups of 25 members or less, take in your serene surroundings as your English-speaking tour guide expertly navigates you through the Basilica.
- Apart from the standard access areas, push past closed doors to the restricted underground Crypts of the Basilica and be marvelled by the sights you see!
Tour Members, Assemble!
Meet the rest of your group outside the great arches of St. Mark’s Basilica and take in the stunning views of the famous square from here. Your expert English-speaking tour guide will set the scene by giving you insight into the importance of this square and its role in the history of Venice. Marvel at the ornate façade of the Basilica before making your way inside to experience this monument like never before with your privileged night access.
The Byzantine Mosaics, Crypts, and Pala d’Oro
Now that you’re inside, feel free to roam about the insides of the deserted Basilica and absorb the eerie solitude of the landmark. Walk past the many frescoes and watch tales of the past come to life as your tour guide paints an elaborate picture about each. Learn about the evangelist, St. Mark as you take a closer look at the shimmering glass and gold mosaics.
Watch as doors to the restricted areas of the Basilica open up for you; walk up to Pala d’Oro, the gem-laden Byzantine altarpiece boasting over 2000 precious stones. Get the chance to visit the crypt that holds the bones of St. Mark himself!
- Privileged night-access to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Services of an English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 members or less
- Individual headsets (where necessary)
Ages 3 yrs and below go free. Ages 4-14 yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
Tue, Sat & Sun- 7:15 PM and 8:15 PM
Know Before You Go
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users.
- Bags and backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica for security purposes. You may deposit them at the storage units before entering.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on cancelling this ticket up to 24hrs before schedule
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Your meeting point is at the foot of the famous bridge, Ponte della Paglia.
- This point is just 5 minutes away from St. Mark’s Basilica.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Closest port is San Marco-San Zaccaria.
- Board ferries 1, 5.1, 14, or N.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected at checkout.