Comprehensive Skip the Line Louvre Museum Tour with an Expert Guide
Make your way directly into the Louvre by skipping winding ticket queues and spend your time admiring the iconic collections of art in the world’s most visited museum. Listen intently to your tour guide as you check out some of the most valued artistic jewels of all time, such as the Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo, the Coronation of Napoleon, and many more.
- These skip-the-line tickets allow you to bypass arduous ticket lines and spend more time exploring the artistic treasures of Louvre.
- The priority access further allows you to skip lines in every room of the Louvre and grants you access to temporary exhibitions as well.
- With guided tours available in 5 languages (English, Spanish, German, French, and Italian), hop aboard this comprehensive tour of the Louvre like never before.
- Among the other masterpieces, learn in-depth about three world-famous artworks at Louvre (the Mona Lisa, the Coronation of Napoleon, and the Venus de Milo) from your tour guide.
- After the 2.5-hour tour of the Louvre, feel free to roam about the museum and soak in the wondrous world of art around you.
What To Expect
A trip to Paris is simply incomplete without visiting the Louvre. With over 10+ million visitors annually, this is the most visited museum in the world. Thanks to the skip-the-line tickets, you no longer have to worry about standing in famously-long ticket queues. After a quick security check (which is applicable to all visitors), you may enter the Louvre and explore its many valuable artistic jewels.
The Louvre has over 35,000 artworks on display spanning over 7000 years. They are spread over 8 curatorial departments, including Egyptian Antiquities; Greek, Etruscan, and Roman Antiquities; Near Eastern Antiquities; Islamic Art; Decorative Arts; Sculpture; Paintings; Drawings, and Prints. Ranging from Egyptian artifacts that are 4,000 years old, to modern art works by Oriental artists, the Louvre is the honorary mediator of our artistic heritage.
Spend time gazing at these collections and listen carefully as your guide tells you fascinating stories and secrets about them. Get comprehensive explanations and anecdotes about three world-famous artworks in particular, the Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo, and the Coronation of Napoleon. Marvel at Leonardo da Vinci’s invincible masterpiece, the Mona Lisa, one of the most recognizable female portraits in the world. Learn about the celebrated Greek sculpture, the Venus de Milo, depicting Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love and beauty. Be dazzled by the 33-foot-long painting of the Coronation of Napoleon by Jacques-Louis David, commemorating the crowning of Napoleon Bonaparte in 1807.
After the 2.5 hour-long tour, feel free to roam about the Louvre at your own pace and take in the stunning world of art around you. There are cafes within the museum if you wish to grab a bite, and plenty of souvenir shops where you can pick up posters and books to take back home with you.
The guided tour has the following variations:
- Louvre Guided Tour in English
- Louvre Guided Tour in Spanish
- Louvre Guided Tour in German
- Louvre Guided Tour in French
- Louvre Guided Tour in Italian
- Professional Tour guide
- Priority entrance allows you to skip lines in each room of the Louvre
- Entrance into temporary exhibitions
Know Before You Go
- The Coronation of Napoleon is under renovation and therefore, inaccessible until November 2019.
- Due to the renovation of the Salle des Etats, Mona Lisa will be displayed at Galerie Médicis (room 801) on level 2 of the Richelieu wing from 17 July till mid-October 19. The program of the tour and timing may change according to the visitors’ flow management by the Musée du Louvre and some major works of art (even Mona Lisa) may not be seen during the visit.
- Large bags, strollers, and umbrellas will not be permitted inside the Louvre. It must be left in the museum cloakroom.
- This tour is not suitable for those with reduced mobility. Elevators are not available for this tour.
- The Louvre Museum is open every day, except on Tuesday and holidays such as Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, International Workers Day (May 1) and End of the Second World War day (May 8).
- On Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday; the museum is open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. On Wednesday and Friday, the museum is open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- There are multiple time slots available in the morning, afternoon, and evening. The evening slots are only available in the Summer).
- The guided tour lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Reduced Price Tickets
Children’s tickets can be bought at a discounted rate.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please present your voucher on your mobile phone, along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID for age verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive at the meeting point 10-15 minutes before departure to avoid any delays.
Paris City Vision Agency, 2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris.
- The Paris City Vision office is located near the Louvre at 2 rue des Pyramides in Paris.
- The best way to reach the Paris City Vision office is by metro. Take the M1 and get off at Tuileries, or take the M7 or M13 and get off at Pyramides.
- It is a 3-4 minute walk from both stations.
Your ticket is valid only for the date that you select while booking.