Port Stephens Dolphin Watcher
This comprehensive tour of Australia’s North Coast is a great way to learn about the continent and its many hidden treasures. Stop at the Australian Reptile Park and be amazed at the native wildlife. Make your way to Nelson Bay for a thrilling dolphin-watching cruise and wave at the excitable mammals.
- This full-day tour of Australia’s North Coast region is the perfect ticket for visitors everywhere. With transportation included, focus your energy on spotting interesting sights on your way to Port Stephens.
- Get down at the Australian Reptile Park and marvel at the stunning native wildlife here. Learn how the process of “venom milking” is performed on snakes and funnel spiders.
- Be dazzled by Port Stephens and its incredible waterways. Look out for the local pods of bottlenose dolphins and watch as they play on the bow waves.
- After dolphin watching, unleash the thrill-seeker in you and hop aboard a 4WD vehicle to try your hand at sandboarding.
Leave behind the glamorous urban life in Sydney and notice the changing scenery as you make your way to Port Stephens. This full-day tour includes hotel transfers and transportation on an air-conditioned coach, so you no longer have to worry about beating the heat or booking a cab. Look out at the capacious Stockton Bight sand dunes and listen closely for some interesting facts about the region from your tour guide.
Get down at the Australian Reptile Park and find informative displays as you check out some of nature’s most captivating creatures. Learn about how some creatures, such as the funnel spider and venomous snakes are “milked” to get rid of their venom. After a short pitstop for lunch, hop back on the coach and continue your journey to Port Stephens.
Port Stephens: Australia’s Dolphin Capital
Port Stephens has gained rapid popularity over the years for being Australia’s dolphin capital and is a must-visit for most tourists. There are about 70 bottlenose dolphins that call Port Stephens their home, and most visitors are lucky enough to spot at least a few of them. Once at Nelson Bay, you will depart on a fun dolphin-watching cruise and learn all about these creatures from the guide onboard.
Enjoy the 1.5-hour cruise along Nelson Bay that takes you directly to the best spots to find wild bottlenose dolphins. Take in stunning views of the Yacaaba and Tomaree headlands and have a go at boom netting yourself. Boom netting is a process wherein you will securely ride within the edges of a large net in the water.
Once you’re back on land, relax as a 4x4 vehicle takes you for an expedition on the Stockton Bight sand dunes, some of which are over 30 meters tall. If you’re feeling brave enough, try your hand at sandboarding yourself.
- Dolphin watching cruise with boom netting
- Entry into the Australian reptile park
- Sandboarding at Stockton Bight sand dunes
- Professional tour guide
- Air-conditioned coach with free Wi-Fi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Know Before You Go
- This tour is available only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
- This tour starts at 8 AM and ends at 6:45 PM.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the boarding point.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Hotel pickups and drop-offs are included in this ticket. Please select the hotel from the drop-down options on the checkout page.
This ticket is valid for the date selected at the time of booking