Monet & Giverny Gardens Bike Tour with Coach Transportation from Paris
Experience the charming French countryside with this bike tour to Giverny. Get a first-hand impression on the life that inspired the works of famous painter Claude Monet.
- Benefit with hassle-free transportation from Paris to Vernon and back in a private coach
- Enjoy the services of an English-speaking guide and allow for an insightful experience
- Travel by bus to the traditional French market of Vernon and taste local delicacies
- Enjoy a picnic lunch along the Seine before embarking on a scenic bike ride to Giverny
- Wander through Monet’s former home and spot the famous water lilies and Japanese bridge in the lush gardens
- Enjoy time off to stroll through Giverny and visit quaint cafes, Monet’s gravesite, Hotel Baudy, and more
- A small group tour of no more than 20 people ensures your experience is intimate and stress-free
Enjoy a Carefree Afternoon in the French Countryside
Step on board a private bus for the one hour drive to the village of Vernon. In the marketplace over here, you will collect your bikes and visit the famous city market to buy picnic supplies. Enjoy lunch in a charming park next to the Seine, after which you will embark on a 20-minute bike ride to Giverny. As you bike along the river and see endless fields of wheat and sunflowers, you will understand why this picturesque region served as a great source of inspiration for the impressionist painters.
See the Water Lilies and Japanese Bridge in Monet’s Gardens and Explore His Former Home
In Giverny, you will head straight to the Fondation Claude Monet. Stroll through the extensive gardens at Monet’s former estate and admire the multicolored flower beds that inspired some of his most renowned works of art. Highlights of the gardens include the lush water garden, famous for its water lilies and Japanese bridge. Learn more about Monet’s life as you roam through his pink-plastered house, where he lived and worked for 43 years.
Explore Giverny to Round Off the Ultimate Bike Tour
You will have free time to explore the village of Giverny. Stroll along cobblestone streets lined with charming multicolored houses, dip into a traditional Normande café, or pay a visit to Monet’s grave and Hotel Baudy, where the local community of artists used to gather. Afterward, you will reconvene with your group for the leisurely bike ride back to Vernon, where you will board the bus to return to Paris.
- Round-trip transport from Paris to Vernon
- Small-group tour
- English-speaking guide
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Entry to Monet’s gardens and house
- Optional visit to Monet’s gravesite and Hotel Baudy
- Items purchased for picnic lunch
- Guide gratuity (optional)
Know Before You Go
Infants aged 3 and under can participate free of charge. Baby seats (for children up to 48lbs/22kg) are required for infants during the bike tour.
This day trip takes place on different days of the week, depending on the time of year:
3 Apr - 31 May: Every Wed and Sat
1 Jun - 31 Jul 20: Every Tue, Wed, and Sat
1 Aug - 26 Oct: Every Wed and Sat
27 Oct - 31 Dec: The tour does take place during these months
The tour will not take place on Labor Day (1 May) and Bastille Day (14 July)
Approximately 8.5 hours (including transfers from Paris to Vernon and back)
Please wear clothes that are comfortable to bike in. Check the weather on the day of your experience and plan accordingly. Bring water and sun protection for warmer days and warm clothes for colder days.
- The tour will take place rain or shine. If it rains, ponchos will be available for sale at the Fat Tire Tours office
- The bike tour will involve an intermediate level of cycling
- Monet's Gardens Bike Tour covers approximately 6.6 miles (10.6 km)
- Tandems are available for guests up to 70lbs/32 kg.
- All participants over 12 must be able to ride a bike, and participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- Meet your guide at Fat Tire Tours office (24 rue Edgar Faure, 75015 Paris)
- It is right next to a well-known sports complex, called gymnase dupleix
- The Embassy of Cuba is walking distance from here
The easiest way to get to the meeting point is with the metro. Take line 6 to the station Dupleix. When you exit the station, turn left onto the Rue Auguste Bartholdi. Continue straight onto Place Dupleix and turn left on Rue Edgar Faure. You will see the Fat Tire Tours office in front of you. It is about a 5-minute walk from station Dupleix to the Fat Tire Tours office
The ticket is valid for the date selected during the booking