Parliament Behind the Scenes
Avoid the crowds and head to the Westminster Palace for a peek behind the curtains of Parliament after-hours. Under the direction of an expert guide, you will have an intimate and enriching experience learning about the gorgeous art and architecture of this historic center of British political life.
- Learn the secrets of Parliament and marvel at the art and architecture by Augustus Pugin, Charles Barry, William Dyce, Daniel Maclise, among others, with the help of a professional guide.
- Walk in the footsteps of the Queen through the Palace for a quiet and intimate experience with just a handful of other people.
- Take in the grandeur of the Queen’s Robing Room, Royal Gallery, Prince’s Chamber, House of Commons, and more!
- Experience the regality of the House of Lords with almost no other crowds
- This 2-hour guided tour is perfect for first-time visitors to Westminster Palace as well as those looking for an in-depth look at the Palace’s remarkable history.
Learn About the Rich History of the Royal Palace and Parliament
Your guided tour begins at the designated meeting point at Parliament Square where you will meet your tour guide. Your tour guide will guide you to the security check, and then into Westminster Hall, the oldest and most impressive part of the Palace. From there you will head to the Royal Staircase, the Queen’s Robing Room, the Royal Gallery, and the Prince’s Chamber. Your expert guide will not only take you to the most breathtaking sections of the Palace but also give you context and insight into the history of the building and its designer August Pugin.
From the Prince’s Chamber, you will go on through a medley of other rooms and lobbies, including the House of Commons, to finally reach the zenith of the tour, the House of Lords, where you will stand with only a handful of other visitors. Here, scarcely a few feet away from the Queen’s throne, your guide will tell you about the history of the room and some of the more interesting things that have happened behind those closed doors.
You will see the grand Victorian architecture of the Palace and its various galleries and chambers. Inside the palace, your guide will show you immense frescoes and paintings made by artists such as William Dyce and Daniel Maclise over many centuries, as well as explain about the Tudor dynasty’s fascinating history in power. This experience is best-suited for lovers of art, architecture and royal history, a once-in-a-lifetime glimpse into the United Kingdom’s premier palace without the normal daytime crowds.
Royal Staircase | Norman Porch | Queen’s Robing Room | Royal Gallery | Prince’s Chamber | Chamber of the House of Commons | Chamber of the House of Lords | Westminster Hall | St. Stephen’s Hall | Central Lobby | Peers Lobby | Voting Lobby
- Expert Tour Guide
- Small group size and no crowds
- Parliament tickets
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
Know Before You Go
- Photography is not permitted inside the Houses of Parliament.
- Please note that for security reasons, airport-style bag searches will take place at the Houses of Parliament.
Timings and Availability
This guided tour is 2 hours long and begins at 4:00 PM. You must meet up with your guide at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. The availability is as follows:
- 01 March 2019 - 31 March 2019: Not running
- 01 April 2019 - 13 April 2019: Fridays, Saturdays
- 14 April 2019 - 31 July 2019: Saturdays
- 01 August 2019 - 31 August 2019: Fridays, Saturdays
- 01 September 2019 - 31 October 2019: Saturdays
- Known Blackout Dates: 30 August 2019
Please be advised that the tour will be conducted in English.
Since the tour will cover a fair amount of ground in 2 hours, we recommend you put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease.
Unfortunately, due to stairways and limited elevator access, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your Parliament tour mobile voucher will be emailed to you shortly. You may display the voucher on your mobile device with a valid photo ID to your guide at the meeting point.
The meeting point is located in front of the Winston Churchill statue, Parliament Square, Westminster. There are 12 statues within Parliament Square. The Winston Churchill statue is the largest and is located on the northeast corner of the square, closest to Big Ben. The closest underground station is Westminster.
You must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. Should you head directly to the Palace with your confirmation voucher, you will not be given entry.