Keukenhof, Zaanse Schans & A’DAM Lookout Guided Tour
Experience the very best that Holland has to offer as you take a full day tour through the countryside. Treat your senses to breathtaking sights and smells at the renowned Keukenhof Gardens! Cap off your Amsterdam experience with a ticket to the A’DAM Lookout, with sweeping views of the city!
- With bus transport arranged, enjoy hassle-free and comfortable transfers as you learn how Gouda cheese is made and have a chance to taste a variety of them before you explore the windmill village of Zaanse Schans at your own pace.
- Witness the beautiful flower mosaics, as you walk through the expansive Keukenhof Gardens.
- With a multilingual guide accompanying you throughout the tour, you can learn a great deal about Amsterdam, the Keukenhof Gardens and the countryside of Holland.
- Catch spectacular panoramic views of Amsterdam from the A’DAM Lookout.
Visit the spectacular Keukenhof Gardens
You will begin your journey with a pick up from a central meeting point from where a bus will take you to the attraction in just under an hour. The laid back drive through the countryside serves as the perfect precursor. You will see fields of varying colors, with daffodils, crocuses, and tulips At Keukenhof, you will be taken on a guided tour available in English, German and Spanish. Flower beds of varying colors and shades can be seen, and the lawns will be dotted with numerous ponds and water bodies. With almost 7 million buds blooming during the season you are in for an exciting tour. You will learn about the effort that goes into maintaining a garden of this size. The sights and smells of Keukenhof will surely leave you energized. Once the tour is finished, you will head back to Amsterdam.
Discover the delightful countryside of the Netherlands
A 20-minute ride in a deluxe air-conditioned bus will take you to the beautiful countryside of Holland. You will reach the Zaanse Schans village, which is home to several working windmills, barns, shops and wooden houses from a bygone era. The Zaan region was once home to more than 600 active windmills and factories. From wood sawing to the grinding of flour, spices, cocoa powder and other products, the factories were primarily powered by wind. The guide will explain the history of the region and its prosperity in the 18th and 19th centuries. Spectacular houses can be seen here, most of them built by affluent merchants and windmill owners. You will get a chance to go around the village and see the clog museum and a wood shoemaker. You will also be able to taste some fine cheese at a local cheese farm. You will then have some time to explore the region on your own, with tips from the guide.
Revel in views of Amsterdam
Once you are back in Amsterdam, you will ascend the A’DAM Lookout tower. With the premium ticket, you will be able to get onto the observation deck and catch sight of the vibrant city. Unhindered views of the entire city are possible, and serves as the perfect end to your tour!
- Entry to the Keukenhof Gardens
- Visit to Zaanse Schans
- Visit to clog museum and wooden shoe factory
- Cheese tasting at a cheese farm
- Live Guide in English, German and Spanish
- Transport in an air-conditioned bus
Know Before You Go
The tour is available every day from March 21st to May 19th, 2019. The tour begins at 8:15 AM or 9 AM depending on where you board and lasts approximately 8 hours, including travel time to Keukenhof.
This experience involves a bit of walking so please wear comfortable shoes.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
Your mobile Headout voucher will be sent to your email instantly. Please display this voucher on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID before the tour commences.
- The meeting point is located at the Heineken Experience bus stop, Stadhouderskade 78, Amsterdam.
- Note that there is a bus stop opposite the Heineken Experience, Amsterdam Ferd Bolstraat. Make sure to cross the road over to the side of the Heineken Experience's main entrance for this ticket.
- The bus departs from here at 8:15 AM.
- The last pickup point is the A’dam tower, Overhoeksplein 5, opposite central station. The bus departs from here at 9 AM.
Board tram #24 and get off at the Marie Heinekenplein Stop. The entrance to the Heineken Experience is a mere 2-minute walk from this stop.
Board bus #284 and get off at the Amsterdam, Ferd. Bolstraat. This stop is right across from the entrance of Heineken Experience.
If you are traveling from across the river, then board a 3-minute ferry ride going towards Buiksloterweg. The entrance to A'dam tower is a mere 2-minute walk from the ferry station.