Thessaloniki: Open Markets Food Tasting Tour
Venture forth into the hidden coves of Thessaloniki’s mouth-watering Greek cuisine, under the watchful eye of the cuisine’s expert!
- Discover the culinary and historical secrets of the Kapani and Modiano markets.
- Sample fresh, delicious food at a grocery store selling organic produce.
- Drown in the heady taste and aroma of the traditional Greek coffee.
- Enjoy the bustling liveliness of the Louloudadika area and Athonos Square.
- Get beautiful souvenirs at traditional crafts shops to remember the experience.
- Expert English-speaking host
- Traditional Greek coffee
- Food tasting experiences
- Cost of lunch post the tour
- Any optional tips
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
If just the thought of food sets your taste buds tingling, then you are in for a real treat! As you dive into the lesser-known alleys of Thessaloniki’s culinary scene, an expert guide will feed your hunger for both food and knowledge. Gear up for two hours of walking, talking and eating with a taste of traditional Greek coffee. Savor the taste of traditional and modern delicacies as you roam through the open markets. You will learn interesting tidbits about every place you visit and the daily life of the locals, along with the history of Greek cuisine.
If your taste buds are still tingling after the tour, your expert guide will happily provide recommendations for the best places to buy fresh vegetables, homemade cheeses, coffee and other local products! Or, you can get advice for the best taverns and hangout places if you want to set off on your own.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Tue, Thu, & Sat: 11:30am
Winter Season: 1 Nov – 31 Mar '23
- Tue, Thu, & Sat: 11:30am
- The tour is stroller-friendly but is not accessible by wheelchairs.
- Make sure that you are equipped with sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat if it is summer season.
- You are allowed to bring outside food and drinks.
- Photography is allowed, barring flash and tripods
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time to avoid delays.
- Meet your tour guide at the Le Palace Art Hotel.
- Address : 12 Tsimiski Street, Thessaloniki.
- The hotel is within 4-minute walking distance from the historical Aristotelous Square.
- The closest transit stop to the square is Thessaloniki.
- Trains Larissa, Athens, and Palaeofarsalos, or the bus Sofia will bring you here.
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during checkout.