Teide Guided Tour at Sunset
Catch the shadow of Mount Teide stretch out towards the horizon and marvel at the magnificent Teide sunset with views of the three neighboring islands and the Pico Viejo crater.
- Take to the skies to Mount Tide at 3,555m high in an exclusive cable car.
- Fly above craters and lava flows and see impressive Tenerife sunset views from the tallest peak in Spain.
- The Teide Cable Car at sunset will operate exclusively for your private group.
- Snap amazing photographs of Mount Teide and its views at this time of day - a truly magical experience!
- A Spanish, English, or German-speaking guide
- Teide Cable Car return ticket
- Transfer for small groups from the northern and southern parts of the island
- Food and drinks
- Guide in languages other than Spanish, English, or German
- Access for visitors with physical disabilities or motor impairments
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Tenerife's Teide volcano is one of the best places in the world to observe how a mountain's shadow forms and evolves. This is because of its height and the fact that the views from its summit reach all its horizons. On this sunset tour, you will get to see the beauty of Teide's shadow cast on the island of Gran Canaria. It is a spectacular moment and one that will remain with you long after your tour ends.
After you take the cable car and reach the Teide base station, set off on a guided tour along the trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint. Enjoy the wonder of the trail; see, at a distance, part of the lava that was poured during Mount Teide's eruption back in 1798. It had lasted three months and had formed "Teide's Nostrils" or "Las Narices del Teide," located on the western slopes of Pico Viejo. Your guide will take you on a discovery route of more such volcanic wonders that surround this impressive trail. The jewel in the crown is the spectacular Teide sunset that you will get to enjoy at the end of the trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint.
If the weather allows it, you will also get to take in unique views of the neighboring islands: La Gomera, El Hierro, and La Palma. At your feet, you will find the massive 800-meter-diameter Pico Viejo crater. At one point, this used to contain an impressive lava lake!
know before you go
- The authorization to get to the peak of the mount is NOT included. You will have to ask for this authorization at the National Park official website, prior to your visit.
- Teide Cable Car is located within a protected national park and therefore it is necessary to follow a series of basic rules of civic behavior, respectful of the natural environment, such as not littering or taking rocks, plants or animals. It is prohibited to make fire, loud noises, or to camp.
- People with heart problems and pregnant women are not allowed to ascend due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health. Families are advised to consult their doctor before planning their visit if any member of the family has a health condition.
- In accordance with current regulations, persons with any physical disability or motor impairment are not permitted to make the ascent by cable car, because of the potential risks if the vehicle has to be evacuated.
- In the event of the failure of the cable car system due to unexpected technical reasons, passengers already at the upper station will have to make their descent on foot and using steep mountain paths.
- Children under 5 are not allowed to participate in this activity.
- The Teide Cable Car base station has a free car park with 220 parking spaces.
- There are public toilets at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
When planning to visit Mount Teide. you must be prepared for the possibility of extreme heat or extreme cold depending on the time of year. Make sure to:
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Put on sunglasses - you'll need them because of the elevated luminosity.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
- Every day at 6:30 PM.
Children aged 8-13yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at the Teide Cable Car base station.
- Address: Cañadas del Teide, 38300, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
Teide Cable Car is well connected by roads and can be easily reached from any point of the island.
If you are in the northern part of Tenerife
- Take the TF-21 motorway which connects La Orotava with El Portillo de la Villa and crosses the Teide National Park. The Cable Car is at km 43. (N28º 15' 17" W16º 37' 33").
- Take the TF-23 motorway from Boca de Tauce to Chío, which connects with TF-21.
- Titsa bus, Route 348 Puerto de La Cruz – Las Cañadas del Teide.
- Departure times: 9:15 AM from Puerto de la Cruz, with stops in La Orotava, Montaña Blanca (trail to the Altavista Mountain Refuge) and Teide Cable Car, and return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 4 PM.
If you are in the southern part of Tenerife
- Take the TF-21 motorway from Vilaflor to Teide National Park, the route of access for the tourist areas of Playa de Américas and Los Cristianos.
- Titsa bus (guagua), Route 342 Playa de Las Américas - Las Cañadas del Teide.
- Departure times: 9:15 AM from Las Américas, with stops in Los Cristianos (9:30 AM), Teide Cable Car and Montaña Blanca (ascend on foot to the Altavista Refuge). Return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 3:30 PM.
If you are close to Santa Cruz or La Laguna
- Take the TF-24 motorway from La Laguna to Portillo de la Villa (La Esperanza Motorway), which connects with TF-21. This will take you to the Teide cable car base station at km 43.
Mt. Teide is approximately an hour’s drive from any point on the island.
- Santa Cruz: 64 km
- La Laguna: 55 km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 45 km
- Los Gigantes: 52 km
- Los Cristianos: 47 km
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.