Buckingham Palace & Stonehenge Tour Full Day Tour from London
Enjoy a full-fledged experience of England, as you visit two of its most famous monuments, the archaic, yet fascinating Stonehenge and the magnificent Buckingham Palace. Witness the State Rooms in person, open to the public just ten weeks every year! Discover the history of the Stonehenge during the extended visit of the monument.
- Learn about the famous attractions with the help of a multimedia guide available in several languages
- Walk in the footsteps of some of the most influential people in the world, as you tour the numerous rooms of the Buckingham Palace
- Discover one of the greatest ancient wonders of the world, and enjoy an extended visit of the Stonehenge
- Relish a visit to the exuberant State Rooms, and witness its splendor firsthand
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Perhaps the most famous attraction of London, the Buckingham Palace is the home to the monarch of the United Kingdom. It has 775 rooms and measures 108 meters by 120 meters. It also serves as the administrative headquarters of the UK and is used for several official events and receptions. The extensive gardens are home to more than 350 varieties of wildflowers and are also home to numerous species of insects, birds and animals.
A ring of standing stones, the Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument that is believed to date back more than 5000 years. Each of the stones is about 13 feet high, and 7 feet wide, and weighs approximately 25 tons. How these massive stones were put in their place is widely debated, and it is believed to have been built originally as a burial ground. It is regarded as a cultural icon of the United Kingdom and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Over the years, most of the stones have been displaced from their original positions. It was reconstructed in the early 2000s and is currently maintained with a great deal of care, owing to its widespread wear and tear in the 20th century.
You will begin with a tour of the Buckingham Palace and will get a chance to see what the Royal guards are protecting. As soon as you enter the palace, you will be provided with a multimedia guide, allowing you to explore this spectacular monument at your own pace. You will also learn a great deal about the palace and its history. You will also get a chance to visit the State Rooms, which are used by the Queen to entertain guests. Each of the 19 rooms is lavishly decorated and are a picture of luxury. You will be able to witness the 47-meter Picture Gallery, which contains some of the most famous works of art by the likes of Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci. You will end your tour with a walk through the picturesque garden on the south side.
In the afternoon, you will be taken by an air-conditioned bus to the Stonehenge. The Salisbury Plain around the monument is filled with beautiful landscapes, something that you will relish as you travel to the attraction. The Stonehenge presents a majestic sight, and the imposing stones are set symmetrically. You are not allowed to touch the stones but can only walk around it from a short distance away. You can discover the numerous fascinating theories surrounding this ancient attraction, and you can decide for yourself about its history! You will return to Kensington between 7 and 8 PM.
- Admission to Buckingham Palace
- Multimedia tour of Buckingham
- Access to state rooms at the palace
- Transfers to and from London
- Admission to Stonehenge
Know Before You Go
Restrictions and Notices
- This tour is unescorted
- For safety reasons, pushchairs are not permitted in the State Rooms. They must be checked in and reclaimed at the exit. Baby-carriers are available for loan
- A one-way system operates along the entire visitor route so be sure to check out the attractions thoroughly as you won’t be allowed to revisit them
- Photography and filming are allowed for private use only and only in the Palace Gardens
- This tour is not meant for individuals with impaired movement
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your guide at Greenline Coach Terminal, Bus Stop #3
- Address: Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH, United Kingdom
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest bus stop is Londyn, which stops right across from the meeting point
- Bus 05EX will bring you here
- The closest subway station is Victoria Station, a 5-minute walk to the meeting point
- Victoria, Circle, and district lines will bring you here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected at checkout