St Peter's Basilica Dome Climb with Tour of Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel
Discover the wonders of Italy’s classical and renaissance periods on this exciting Vatican City tour and its crown jewel - the Basilica of St. Peter!
- Enjoy the world-famous attractions of the world's smallest city one after the other on this exclusive Vatican City guided tour
- Start bright and early, which lets you enjoy the tour without the typical daytime crowd
- A local tour guide will accompany you on the tour and help you understand the rich history of the Vatican
- Begin by climbing up to the terrace of St. Peter's Basilica, and be exposed to the stunning panoramic views
- Admire Michelangelo's Cupola and the serene surroundings from up here
- At the eerie Papal tombs, you will be surrounded by Bernini's and Michelangelo's Renaissance masterpieces
- Make your way to the glorious Vatican Museums next and gasp at the alluring galleries
- A visit to the Sistine Chapel is a no-brainer; marvel at the painted ceiling, and Michelangelo's The Last Judgement
- Expert local guide
- Admission to the Sistine Chapel
- Fast-track entry into Vatican City Museums
- Tour of Vatican City and its Museums
- Admission to the St. Peter’s Basilica
- Dome climb and visit to the Papal Sarcophagi
- Pick-up and drop-off services
- Food and drinks
- Visit to the Necropolis / St. Peter’s Tomb / Scavi
moderate cancellation policy
You may cancel this experience up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Changes to tours will be allowed, subject to availability.
Join your guide at St. Peter’s Square and begin the ascent to the St Peter’s Basilica’s terrace. The architecture of the Basilica is of a unique Barocco style, and it houses many important cultural artifacts, such as various striking mosaics and Michelangelo's Pieta, all of which you can see for yourself. The top of Michelangelo’s Cupola is an ideal spot to see many of Rome’s most famous monuments. This will be followed by an exhaustive tour of St Peter’s Basilica and its fantastic Papal Sarcophagi, where you will get a chance to marvel at the Renaissance masterpieces of Bernini and Michelangelo!
Skip the long lines and walk through the streets that are resplendent with the allure of classical Rome. Your guide will take you to the Sistine Chapel nestled in the Apostolic Palace, the official home of the Pope himself. Gaze at the legendary ceiling of the chapel and The Last Judgement that were painted by Michelangelo himself. You will then walk through the Vatican and visit its many museums with fast-track entry. Learn about the city’s role in shaping world history and Christianity as it is perceived today.
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- French-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- On the days surrounding religious holidays in Rome, St. Peter's Basilica and/or the Papal Tombs occasionally undergo unpredictable closures. Alternatively, we will substitute an alternative attraction in lieu of the closed attraction
- Photography is strictly prohibited inside the Sistine Chapel
- During peak season in Rome and especially on and around religious holidays, there can be some unavoidable waiting time in order to pass through the security checks and enter inside the monuments
- We are unable to accommodate late arrivals on walking tours. No refunds will be given for failure to arrive at our tour meeting point by the scheduled departure time
Mon to Sat (excluding Wed) at 8:00 AM.
Note: The Spanish tour only runs on Mondays and Saturdays.
- For entry into the Vatican, shoulders, and knees must be covered for both men, women, and children
- No knives, weapons, or sharp objects will be permitted inside
Unfortunately, this tour is not accessible by wheelchair. If you or someone if your party requires a wheelchair in order to tour Rome, please contact us so that we may offer a private tour alternative
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions