Snaefellsnes Peninsula Minibus Tour
Spend an exciting day in the lap of nature as you explore glacier-carved mountains, black beaches, lava fields and much more at the picturesque Snaefellsnes Peninsula.
- Tour the beautiful peninsula, led by an expert guide in a small group.
- See the famous Kirkjufell mountain and Kirkjufellfoss waterfall.
- Visit the tiny Arnarstapi fishing village, the most beautiful harbor of the country.
- Discover a charming seal colony at the Ytri-Tunga beach.
- Admire the massive rock pinnacles of Lóndrangar.
- 12-hour Snaefellsnes Peninsula minibus tour
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Pick up from designated locations in Reykjavík
- Free Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on the mini-bus
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Enjoy a scenic ride in a comfortable minibus, while listening to Icelandic music on your way to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula. A fantastic photo opportunity awaits you at the Kirkjufell, “The Church Mountain” that has become iconic to Iceland. You will better recognize it as the "Arrowhead Mountain" that appeared in the popular Game of Thrones TV series. The unique shape of the mountain, courtesy of the erosive power of glaciers of eons ago, and the presence of a beautiful waterfall just across it has made the spot one of the most photographed in the country.
On the south coast of the peninsula, you will happen across a village that has only one hotel. Here, a picturesque tiny black church stands solemn all alone in a field of lava rocks. This is the historic Búdakirkja, owned by the National Museum of Iceland, but in care of the Búdir parish. Also on the itinerary is the Arnarstapi, a tiny fishing village that sports stunning coastal cliffs, beautiful stone arches, and a marine geyser. As you stroll along its coastline, your guide will tell you stories of the misdeeds of the half-man half-troll Bárður.
Head towards the sandy Ytri-Tunga, where you have the opportunity to spot a friendly and curious seal colony. Watch from a distance as they climb up on rocks to sneak a peek at you. Then, try to spot birdlife such as seabirds, puffins, and northern fulmars at the huge pair of rock pinnacles of Lóndrangar. They are the remnants of a bigger crater that has mostly eroded.
Head towards the Djúpalónssandur, a black volcanic sand and stone beach from where fishermen rowed out to the Atlantic Ocean for centuries. They used to prove their mettle for the arduous fishing life by using the "lifting stones". If you so wish, you can try your hand at one of them too! Here, you will also find the remains from a 1948 shipwreck.
Lastly, you have the option of hiking up to the Saxhóll Volcanic Crater. Formed over 4000 years ago, it can be accessed via an iron staircase in a not too challenging hike. At the top, you can admire a beautiful 360° view of the lava fields and the Snæfellsjökull glacier.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Daily from 8am
- Order or availability of attractions may change due to road or weather conditions, and timings may have to be adjusted due to the short daylight of winter days.
- In the unlikely event of the tour being canceled because of extreme weather, poor road conditions, or other factors, you will receive assistance for rebooking at another date, or will be provided a full refund.
What to Bring
- Warm clothes (first layer)
- Waterproof outdoor clothing (second layer)
- Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
Children aged 11 and under enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This tour includes pick-ups from designated Reykjavik locations.
- Please specify your pick-up location at the time of booking.
- On the day of your tour, arrive at the pick-up point 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time of pick-up.
- Note: Pick up is not available from Keflavik airport or outside of the greater capital area.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the checkout.