Dubrovnik Old Town Tour
This 90-minute Old Town walking tour will leave you with a greater understanding of the rich past of Dubrovnik, from its 6th-century beginnings, the tragic events of the 1990's Homeland War in Croatia, to the myths and legends surrounding the city!
- Stroll through Dubrovnik Old Town in a small group with fellow travelers, lead by an expert guide
- See the city’s top attractions including Onofrio’s Fountain, St. Blaise Church and Sponza Palace
- Learn all about the beginnings of the city, its Golden Age, and the rise of the Dubrovnik Republic
- Licensed English speaking tour guide
- Food and drink
- Tickets for venues and museums
superflexible cancellation policy
You can get a full refund for the cancellation of this ticket up to 48 hours before the booked time.
From a small settlement in the 6th century to a modern city at the crossroads of civilization, Dubrovnik has a rich, multi-layered past. Learn about the humble beginnings of the city and its eventual legacy as an important maritime republic on this guided walking tour of the Old Town.
As you stroll through Old Town, your guide will run you through 16th century Dubrovnik’s cultural, social, and architectural accomplishments. See Onofrio's Fountain, built in 1438 along with an entire aqueduct in order to supply fresh water to the citizens. Pass by the beautiful churches of St. Blaise and St. Ignatius, as well as the Rector's Palace and Sponza Palace, once the city's main political and trading institutions. Discover the 16th-century politics and the aristocratic system of the old Dubrovnik Republic. For instance, did you know that it was the rector who was elected as the head of the city-state, and he had to be at least fifty years old to qualify? Your guide will tell you the reason behind that and much more.
Along the way, listen to interesting stories about brilliant scientists, grumpy poets, and playwrights-turned-revolutionaries. Of course, there also legends and folk tales that add to the city’s mystic charm. By the end of your tour, you will feel like you've lived here all your life.
know before you go
- This tour involves lots of walking. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes
- The tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties, since there are many stairs to climb
- Wear light clothing. Bring sunscreen, a hat and a bottle of water with you, especially in summer.
- In October the starting time is at 17:00
- From 1st November to 31st March the tour starts at 12:00 noon
- Your voucher will be sent to you by email instantly
- Please show the voucher on your mobile phone and show it to the tour guide with a valid photo ID.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before tour start time to avoid delays
- Meet your tour guide in the square in front of the Revelin Fortress, near the Ploče Gate, the eastern entrance to the Old Town
- Look for the guide who holds the flag standing next to the cannon in the corner of the square.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Revelin Fortress
Directions to the meeting point
This ticket is valid on the date selected at checkout