Toledo & El Greco Guided Tour with Cathedral and Optional Lunch
Visit the historic city of Toledo on this guided tour from Madrid and learn more about the work of the famous Spanish painter El Greco.
- Go on a guided tour of Toledo from Madrid and learn more about the history of this fortress city and the works of the great painter El Greco.
- Explore the Toledo Cathedral, the Church of Santo Tomé, the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca and the Jewish Quarter, with helpful commentary from your expert bilingual guide.
- Enjoy a traditional lunch at a local restaurant in Toledo. (optional)
- Guided tour of Toledo
- Round-trip transportation from Madrid
- Expert bilingual guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant (Optional)
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel this experience up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Explore the fortress city of Toledo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on this guided day tour from Madrid. This famous and iconic city is one of the most popular destinations in Spain, and rightly so. Famous for its bladed weapons, for being the seat of power of Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, and for being the final residence of the great Spanish Master of the late Renaissance, El Greco, Toledo offers a walk down the lanes of history and art at every corner.
Start early in the morning from Madrid and enjoy comfortable coach transportation to Toledo, where your tour will begin. With an expert bilingual guide accompanying you and providing you with helpful commentary, you will walk through the streets of the city and learn more about its significance in the history of Spain.
Your guide will lead you from the Zocodover Square to the Toledo Cathedral, a church which is considered to be the largest example of the Gothic architectural style in Spain. From here you will go on to visit the Jewish quarter, which is networked with cobblestone streets, and you will make a stop at the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca, a prime example of Almohad architecture. This will be followed by a tour of the Church of Santo Tomé, where you can see the famous painting “The Burial of Count Orgaz” by El Greco. You can also opt to have a delicious traditional Spanish lunch at a local restaurant as an add-on to your tour.
Ideal for art and history lovers, this tour of Toledo will provide you with a comprehensive look at the rich heritage of this monumental city.
know before you go
This tour involves some walking so please wear comfortable shoes.
Timings and Availability
- This tour takes place on Wednesdays and Fridays and it departs from the meeting point at 7:45 AM.
- The tour lasts for 7 hours approximately.
- Please reach the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour departs to avoid delays.
Reduced Price Tickets
Children aged 0-3 can join this tour for free. Children aged 3-11 can avail reduced price tickets. Please select the appropriate option at checkout.
You will receive an email with your mobile voucher soon after purchase. Please display the same along with valid photo ID at the meeting point to gain entry.
Plaza Las Ventas, in front of Julio Camba, Street no. 1, 28028, Madrid
- The nearest Bus station is Ventas: Bus 28, 31 and 106 will stop here.
- Nearest Metro Station is Ventas. Lines 2 and 5 stop here.
These tickets are valid only for the date booked during checkout.