Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius Volcano Day Trip from Rome
Spend a day in the fascinating archaeological site of Pompeii with this fully guided day tour that provides you with Skip the Line access to the ruins of the city, once thriving and vibrant, now frozen in time due to the eruption of the volcano Mount Vesuvius almost two thousand years ago, which you will also have the once in a lifetime chance to visit! With comfortable round trip transportation, and a professional and friendly English speaking tour leader by your side as you go exploring, what better way to experience Pompeii?
- Visit one of Rome's most famous archaeological sites, the striking city of Pompeii
- Enjoy round-trip transfers on an air-conditioned bus and the guidance of a tour leader
- Get escorted to the entrance of the site, post which you can absorb the beauty at your own pace
- Follow the path indicated and feel like you've stumbled into the past
- Visit the world's most dangerous volcano, Mt. Vesuvius that wiped Pompeii off the map altogether
- In case of inclement weather conditions, your visit to Mt. Vesuvius will be replaced with a visit to Naples
- English-speaking tour leader for the day
- Groups no larger than 24 people
- Round-trip transport from Rome in a private, air-conditioned coach
- Ticket and reservation fees for Pompeii
- Free time in Naples (mid-November to March)
- Entry ticket to Mt. Vesuvius National Park (April to mid-November)
flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 48 hour in advance for a full refund.
Join us for a day tour from Rome to one of the most famous archaeological sites, the incredible ancient city of Pompeii, that never fails to amaze its visitors. Traveling in a comfortable air-conditioned bus from Rome, with the added benefit of a Tour Leader, during the bus journey you will enjoy commentaries about Pompeii and Naples Bay.
Once in Pompeii, your Tour Leader will escort you to the entrance of the site and will give you plenty of free time (approximately 3 hours) to visit the site individually and at your own pace. You won't have to wait in line, as we have reserved you a special Skip the Line access. As you walk independently, following the path indicated inside the archaeological site of Pompeii, you will feel as if you were walking in the past, as you see a variety of buildings from villas with frescoes and mosaics to bathhouses, fast food stores to outdoor theatres – it won’t be difficult to imagine the hustle and bustle of this once-busy port town!
Our Pompeii day trip doesn’t end here, however. We’ll drive a short way to perhaps the most dangerous volcano in the world – a title held for the 3 million people living around its base today. Just over a half-mile hike up Mt. Vesuvius from the parking lot below the crater offers the most stunning view of the Bay of Naples below and a taste of the utter devastation it must have caused when it exploded in 79 AD, literally wiping Pompeii off the map for 1,500 years.
During the winter months and in rare cases of inclement weather or strikes when the crater of Vesuvius is closed to visitors, we'll visit Naples, the beautiful ‘city by the bay. Naples sits in an incredible natural context crowned by Mt. Vesuvius, continental Europe’s only active volcano, the islands of Capri and Ischia, not to mention this ancient city’s baroque domes and architecture. We’ll leave you enough free time to walk around the city center, to take in the atmosphere of this buzzing city, with its iconic Castle Nuovo, also called Maschio Angioino, one of the symbols of the city, the famous Umberto I Gallery, an art deco masterpiece of glass and iron, the monumental Plebiscito Square, where you may want to savor an authentic Neapolitan coffee or some of the delicious local pastries while watching the world go by.
Along the whole trip, you’ll have an expert, English-speaking tour coordinator to entertain you on the way to and from Rome, so, you can relax and enjoy your Pompeii day trip without worrying about the ins and outs of cross-country travel.
know before you go
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
• Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
• Temperatures on the Volcano may be a bit lower than temperatures on the ground, a sweater or light jacket is recommended, especially outside of the summer months.
From November 9th, 2020 to March 27th, 2021 instead of visit Mt. Vesuvius, we’ll drive a short way to Naples, the beautiful "city by the bay", where we’ll leave you enough free time to walk around the city center, to take in the atmosphere of this buzzing city, with its iconic Castle Nuovo, also called Maschio Angioino, one of the symbols of the city, the famous Umberto I Gallery, an art deco masterpiece of glass and iron, the monumental Plebiscito Square, where you may want to savor an authentic Neapolitan coffee or some of the delicious local pastries while watching the world go by.
This tour is available daily and begins at 7:30 AM. The duration of this tour is 12 hours.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- At the center of Piazza del Popolo, by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk. Your tour begins and ends here.
- Look out for your tour leader here. For easy recognition, he/she will be wearing a blue polo shirt.
- It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure point.
- Missed tours or tickets due to late arrivals cannot be refunded. You are required to be at the meeting point late