Underground Rome Catacombs Tour
Discover over 2000 years of history, as you walk through the mysterious underground catacombs of Rome. Learn about their incredible history from your professional guide.
- Visit one of Rome’s historic landmarks, the eerie underground catacombs.
- Explore the underground city and its dense network of corridors and halls.
- Listen to incredible stories of these catacombs from your local guide.
- See the tomb of one of the most prominent gravediggers of these catacombs, Diogenes.
- Expert tour guide
- Entrance to the Catacombs
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
The underground catacombs of Rome are over 2000 years old, dating back to 2 AD. The catacombs were famous for their Christian burials, and are also incredibly important for their early Christian art. The first stop on the tour is the Rome Catacombs present outside the ancient city walls. You will take private transport to reach one of the largest and oldest complexes on the historic Via Appia. On reaching the site, you will descend down a staircase to reach the city of the dead. The dimly lit corridors and halls offer a truly unique experience, as your guide talks about how this massive underground network was built.
You will explore the various parts of this dense underground network while learning about the concept of death in Ancient Rome. You will also see crypts featuring ancient Christian and pagan decorative themes, such as the tom of Diogenes, one of the gravediggers of the catacombs.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Wed-Sun: 3 pm onwards
- Mon: 10am onwards
- Please note that this tour is not available on Tuesdays
Infants aged 4 and under can go for free. Children aged 5-17 enjoy reduced price tickets (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your tour guide outside the Catacombs.
- Your tour guide will be holding an orange and white flag.
- Address: Via dell'Annunziatella, 5, 00147 Roma RM.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Via dell'Annunziatella, 5, 00147.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The nearest bus stop is Casale De Merode/Annunziatella.
- The station is just a minute away from the meeting/redemption point.
- Bus #716 will get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.