Crypta Balbi Admission Tickets
Travel back in time to the excavated city block of Ancient Rome and get a taste of medieval society from back in the day. Tour the excavation site and discover the ruins of the crypt, cisterns and a medieval granary!
- Make your way to the Crypta Balbi, a medieval city block that comprises of an archaeological excavation site, the ruins of a regal building, and a museum
- Take a tour of the museum to understand how the city evolved from the imperial age while boasting artefacts from its glorious past
- Learn the significance of Crypta Balbi and how it served as a part of the National Roman Museum, along with Palazzo Massimo, Palazzo Altemps and the Baths of Diocletian
- Walk through the excavation site under the museum to discover the ruins of the crypt, cisterns and a medieval granary
- Entry tickets to the Balbi Crypt
- Access to the excavation site, ruins of the imperial building, museum
- Visit to the ancient granary
Ages 17yrs and below go free. EU citizens aged 18-25 and EU teachers/professionals enjoy reduced prices
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled
Crypta Balbi is the only one of its kind, a stunning city block that includes an archaeological excavation site, the ruins of an imperial building and a museum with striking artefacts from the past. Dive into this historic tour and understand how far the city has come from the imperial age. Thanks to the well-preserved archaeological layers, Crypta Balbi also shows us how Roman society along with the urban landscape evolved from antiquity!
Take some time to explore the lives of ancient tenants of this city block as you walk along the tattered streets towards the museum. Spend your time exploring the many archaeological objects on display at the museum, while macabre enthusiasts can make their way to the eerie crypt and cisterns.
know before you go
Tue - Sun: 9:00 AM- 7:45 PM
This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- Your meeting point is at the attraction itself- Crypta Balbi (Via delle Botteghe Oscure, 31, 00186 Roma RM, Italy)
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Crypta Balbi
- Nearest bus stop is Via Torre Argentina, a 2-minute walk to the attraction
- Buses 30, 40, 46, 62, 64 & 70 stop here
- Nearest tram station is Venezia, a 5-minute walk to the attraction
- Tram #8 stops here
- Nearest metro station is Colosseo, which is a 15-minute walk to the attraction
- Metro lines MEB & MEB1 stop here