Sant Pau Moderniste Site: Skip The Line
Discover the hidden gem of Barcelona, as you visit the Sant Pau Moderniste Site. Explore its richly decorated interiors of this grand structure. Learn about the history and culture of Barcelona at this unique attraction.
- Savor an unforgettable experience in one of the most beautiful buildings in the world, the Recinte Modernista Sant Pau.
- Witness the union of architecture and history as you are transported back to the early part of the 20th century.
- Learn about the transformation of one of the most acclaimed medical institutes into a center for knowledge and learning.
- Sant Pau Moderniste Site ticket
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
The Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau is one of the newest and most beautiful attractions in the city of Barcelona. It was created by the architect Lluis Domènech i Montaner, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Hospital de Sant Pau is located inside it and served as a fully-functioning hospital all the way until 2009. The new Sant Pau hospital is located up the hill from the complex, and although far less lavish, it is more functional and state-of-the-art. Many buildings are currently being used for other purposes, such as the Sant Manuel Pavilion, which now holds the Casa Asia, a hub for business and cultural research about all Asian countries.
The Art Nouveau architecture is marvelous, and the manicured gardens and grand exhibitions are stunning to see in person. Domènech believed that the flowers, trees and fresh air would help people recover quicker in the hospital, and the confluence of nature and human-made structure is absolutely breathtaking. You can see that the wards were set amidst a garden, with colorful ceramic tiles adorning the brick facades in various shapes. Domènech also believed that colorful mosaics and statues would prompt faster recovery, and you can see the hospital replete with numerous designs and motifs about good health and hope. The Sant Salvador Pavilion is something you shouldn't miss, and the exhibition will brief you about the healthcare history of Barcelona. You will understand the impact of this acclaimed medical institution on modern medicine. The colorful mosaics and tiles have been restored and make for a wonderful sight.
know before you go
know before you go
- The attraction is wheelchair accessible.
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is some amount of walking involved.
Ages 0-11 go free. Ages 12-29 and seniors above 65 enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Mon to Fri: 10am to 2:30pm.
- Sat and Sun: 10am to 5pm.
- Last entry is 30 minutes before the closing time.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your tickets at Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau, Carrer de Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau Get Directions to Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau
- Nearest Metro Station is "Sant Pau | Dos de Maig", a 5-minute walk from the meeting point
- Line 5 of the metro will stop here
- Nearest Bus Stop is Cartagena - Av. Gaudí (Stop ID: 3270).
- Bus 191, 192, N0, V23 will stop here
- For more information on Public Transportation in Barcelona click here
This ticket is valid until 31 Dec