Puffing Billy Steam Train Ticket
Take a ride on the narrow gauge heritage railway lines aboard the iconic Puffing Billy Steam Train. Travel from Belgrave to Lakeside or Gembrook along the the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges - a must-do experience for everyone visiting Melbourne.
- Give a nod to the times of yore and take a ride on the iconic Puffing Billy Steam Train - a heritage train that has been in operation since 1900.
- Travel from Belgrave to Lakeside or Gembrook (along with return tickets) on narrow gauge lines along the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges.
- Skip the ticket lines at Belgrave Station and head straight to your seat, avoiding any hassles of queuing up.
- Enjoy stunning landscape views as you travel through the Australian countryside, past rolling hills, forests and farmlands.
- Two-way tickets from Belgrave to Lakeside or Gembrook station
- Skip the line access
- Food & drinks
These tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded or rescheduled.
Preserving early Victorian heritage, the Puffing Billy Steam Train is a narrow line train service that has been in operation since 1900. Today, the train runs from Belgrave to Lakeside or Gembrook stations, offering visitors in Melbourne and unforgettable experience.
As you travel from Belgrave and leave Melbourne behind you, you will be greeted by breathtaking views of the Victorian country side. Along the way, the train will gently pass by rolling hills, forests and farmlands along the Dandenong ranges.
One of the most popular tourist activities in Melbourne, these train tickets usually sell out quite quickly. Secure your seats now and get ready for an exciting ride on the historic Puffing Billy Train. With these tickets, you not only get the ability to skip the ticket queues, but also get return tickets back to Belgrave Station. The return tickets are open, meaning you have the option of traveling on any of the trains on the same day (valid for return only).
On the day of your experience, make sure you arrive at the station at least 45 minutes before your selected time of departure to avoid any hassles.
know before you go
- Children aged 0-3 years are free of charge.
- Children aged 0-16 years must be supervised by an accompanying adult.
- Children tickets available for those between the age of 4-16.
- Check the timetable for return train schedules on the day of your experience.
Belgrave to Lakeside (Return)
4 trains daily: 10:30 AM, 11:10 AM, 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM (closed during Christmas)
Duration: 3 hours (with 1 hour spent at Lakeside)
Belgrave to Gembrook (Return)
Departs at 11:10 AM daily (closed during Christmas)
Duration: 5.5 hours (with approximately 2 hours spent at Gembrook)
Please arrive at the station at least 45 minutes prior to your train departure time
Both trains depart from Belgrave Station. Catch the Belgrave line from Melbourne CBD to Belgrave Station. Follow the blue line painted on the platform, a short 2-minute walk to Puffing Billy's Belgrave Station.
Your tickets will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the tickets at the Belgrave Station ticket office along with a valid photo ID.