Pompeii Express tour from Rome - by High Speed Train
Learn about the harrowing history of the archeological site of Pompeii on this day tour as you walk on top of the once vibrant town. Hop on high-speed trains and comfortable coaches to get to Pompeii, and listen closely to your tour guide to pick up historical facts and bone-chilling anecdotes about this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Explore the beautiful city of Pompeii with this priority-access ticket and marvel at how proud it stands, even in ruins.
- Hop on a comfortable high-speed train from Rome to Naples, which helps save over 4 hours on round-trip transfers and provides you more time to explore Pompeii.
- Get off the train at Naples and jump on an air-conditioned coach that will take you to Pompeii. Look out your window and notice the unique Neapolitan skyline with Mount Vesuvius in the frame.
- Discover Pompeii and all the important sites in this ancient city on a two-hour guided tour.
- Walk through the ancient streets of Pompeii as you explore the ancient houses, shops, and bakeries.
- With cozy groups of 25 members or less, enjoy a more intimate tour as you pick up facts and stories from your professional English-speaking tour guide.
- Priority access tickets to the Pompeii excavation site
- Round-trip high-speed train tickets
- 2-hour guided tour of Pompeii in groups of 25 people or less
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Audio headsets
- Hotel transfers
Reduced Price Tickets
Children's tickets can be purchased at a discounted rate.
flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 48 hour in advance for a full refund.
Once Tragic, Modern-Day Magic
Pompeii is the stuff of legends, and has inspired countless documentaries, movies and books. The UNESCO World Heritage site is truly a fascinating chapter in the book of Ancient Roman history and now you can experience it for yourself, in the company of an expert guide, on this Pompeii Express Tour from Rome. The best option for first-time travelers to Pompeii is to spend as much time as they can admiring the attraction. With this ticket, you save about 4 hours (2 hours one-way) on transportation via High-speed trains. Embark upon an air-conditioned train and watch as the countryside of Italy whips past your window during this 1-hour ride to Naples.
From Trains To Coaches
A designated driver will be waiting for you at Naples, where you will board a comfortable air-conditioned coach, and make your way towards the UNESCO World Heritage Site. On your way to Pompeii, look out your windows to take in the stunning view of the city of Naples. Discover the beauty of this city from the comfort of your coach! Infamous for the destruction of Pompeii and Herculaneum in 79AD, Vesuvius has erupted many times since – and is today regarded as one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world due to the 3,000,000 people living directly in its path of destruction.
Where It All Happened
Once you reach Pompeii, gear up for a legendary 2-hour guided tour of this remarkable city. Find out how the objects beneath the city has been well-preserved for centuries. Walk through the ancient streets of Pompeii and imagine what life was like in the once vivacious town. You will explore the ancient homes and marvel at the brightly-colored mosaics and frescoes. Watch these relics being brought to life through fascinating and educating stories from your tour guide.
know before you go
- Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours even with priority access.
- Please note that the round-trip transfers are from a meeting point in Rome and not from your hotels.
- It is important to reach the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid last-minute delays.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
This tour lasts about 6.5 hours.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- The meeting point is at the main entrance of Termini Station (Piazza Dei Cinquecento).
- Look out for your tour guide who will be wearing a blue polo shirt for easy recognition.
Board buses 70, 150F, or 590 and get off at Termini bus stop. This stop is a 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
Take the metro line MEA, MEB, or MEB 1 and get off at the Termini metro station. The meeting point is the main entrance to this metro station.
This ticket is valid for the time and date selected at the time of checkout.