Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo: Walking Tour of the Gardens
Make your way to Castel Gandolfo to enjoy a guided tour of the gardens that surround the Papal Palace complex!
- Enter the Papal Palace, the summer residence of popes throughout history.
- The Villa Barberini section of the 55-hectare property has huge parterres and lush holm oak parks.
- With an expert guide by your side, enjoy the sparkling waters and lush countryside of Castel Gandolfo
- Entry and guided tour of the Papal Gardens
política de cancelamento
Estes ingressos não podem ser cancelados ou alterados.
Take a break from the bustle of Rome and step into a treasure trove of art and history in the quaint village of Castel Gandolfo. On this tour, you will be led by a member of the Vatican staff who will walk you through the gardens or the "green heart" of the Pontifical Villas. Built on a hilltop above Lake Albano, Castel Gandolfo served for centuries as a summer residence and vacation retreat for the popes looking to escape Rome's sweltering heat. Spend an hour strolling through well-maintained orchards, vineyards, and over 1000 olive trees around the farm.
know before you go
- Wheelchair users or anyone with mobility problems cannot be accommodated.
- Make sure to dress appropriately; shorts and sleeveless tops are not allowed.
Sat and Sun at 10:30am.
Infants aged 0-5 can go for free. Children aged 6-12 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at the Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo.
- Address: Piazza della Libertà, 00073 Castel Gandolfo RM, Italy.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
Trains leave Rome Termini station for the village of Castel Gandolfo once an hour. The journey takes 40 minutes.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.