Palace of Versailles Segway Tour at Castle Park
After a short training session, explore Versailles’ Castle Park by Segway as your guide leads you on a one or two hour long excursion, highlighting the history of the French monarchy and its Palace.
- Ride a Segway through the beautiful Versailles Park
- From King Louis XIV to Marie Antoinette, get a glimpse into the lives of the French monarchy’s most influential figures.
- This tour will ensure you make the most of your experience in a limited amount of time.
- Segway and helmet
- Training session
- Professional guide
- Rain gear (gloves and ponchos) when necessary
- Entry to the Palace of Versailles
- Transfers from/to Paris
política de cancelamento
Estes ingressos não podem ser cancelados ou alterados.
why you shouldn’t miss this
The exquisite Palace of Versailles is one of the most extraordinary achievements in 17th century European art. Situated just 30 minutes outside Paris, in the village of Versailles, this elaborate complex once thrived as an epicenter of political power for the Kingdom of France.
Today, the Palace, also known as Château de Versailles, contains 700 rooms spread across 800 hectares. Illustrating more than five centuries of French history, the Palace not only houses remarkable works of art - it stands as a work of art itself. One of the most ornately designed rooms of all, the Hall of Mirrors features 357 mirrors, including seventeen mirror-clad arches that reflect the seventeen arcaded windows overlooking the gardens. The Versailles Palace Gardens span an impressive 250 acres, and continue to thrive as a beautifully manicured plot with 400 sculptures and 1,400 fountains.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walks its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history.
what to expect on your versailles segway tour at castle park experience
Surrounding the beautiful Grand Canal, Versailles Park is a large expanse of manicured lawns and beautiful view points. To cover the entire park is a rather difficult feit on foot; however, with a Segway you can make sure you cover all the best spots in a limited amount of time. It’s the best, and most ecologically friendly, way to explore the Park.
Meet your guide at the Segway stand in the Park of the Palace. Your guide will supply you with a helmet and give a short lesson on how to safely ride a Segway. Once you’ve gotten the hang of riding, begin your venture around the Park. Ride past the Marie Antoinette’s Estate, cruise past the Grand Trianon, the Petit Trianon and enjoy the view from Apollon Fountain. Throughout your tour, your expert guide will tell you about the history of Versailles and the secrets of the Palace.
For tips on how to navigate the palace, make the most of your time, and choose the best experience, refer to our Palace of Versailles tours and tickets collection.
know before you go
Palace of Versailles Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9 am to 6:30 pm. Closed on Mondays and May 1st. If you wish to also visit the Palace, check out our Versailles skip-the-line with audio guide tour.
Versailles Park Hours
Open daily, from 9AM to 6:30 pm. Closed on Mondays and May 1st.
Choose between a 1 hour and a 2 hour Segway tour. Tours are available in French or English. German, Portuguese and Spanish tours are available on request.
One hour Segway tours start at 2 pm and 3:30 pm. Two hour sessions depart at 10 am. Please note: Children under 12 and pregnant women are not permitted to join the tour.
The Palace of Versailles is located only 30 minutes from central Paris.
• Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace.
• From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau. • From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château.
You can find RER and SNCF trains schedule at www.transilien.com.
Meet at the Segway stand in the Park of Versailles Grand Canal.
What to Wear
Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended. Casual attire is suggested.
Where to Eat
There are several restaurants at your disposal around the Palace grounds. You may also picnic at the Park. Be sure to carry water with you throughout your tour. It can get quite hot during the summer.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• Upon confirmation of your booking, you will receive your voucher in a separate email.
• On the day of your experience, meet your tour guide at the Segway stand in the Park of Versailles Grand Canal.
• For confirmation, you will be asked to display your voucher via mobile phone.
• Please reach the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.