Early Access to the Acropolis and Old Athens Walking Tour
Avoid the heat and the crowds with this early access ticket. Explore the Acropolis and Old Athens with an expert tour guide during this walking tour.
- Explore the Acropolis early morning and avoid the crowds while beating the heat.
- Learn all about the UNESCO World Heritage Site from your expert tour guide with a small group.
- Sightsee landmarks like Ancient Agora and the National Observatory of Athens.
- Visit Plaka, a historical district in Athens and a perfect blend of history and culture.
- Stroll through the nooks and crannies of Old Athens and find hidden gems that many tourists miss out on.
- Upgrade your ticket to include the Acropolis entrance fee in your ticket.
- Licensed tour guide
- Skip-the-line access at the Acropolis
- 3-hour walking tour
- Whisper audio devices
- Acropolis entrance fee (unless option selected during booking)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Diving into the History of the Acropolis
Meet your tour guide near the Acropolis of Athens early in the morning. Avoid the heat of the day along with the crowds at the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Admire the Dionysus Sanctuary and Dionysus Theater as you reach the south slope of Acropolis. As you start walking up the hill with your group (18 people or less), you'll see historical monuments of the area. The ancient citadel contains several temples dedicated to Greek gods. You'll visit the Erechtheion, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, and the Pedestal of Agrippa. Your guide will regale intriguing stories about these white marble structures. A visit to the Acropolis is incomplete without admiring the Parthenon. It is the most lavish temple built by the ancient Greeks for Goddess Athena, built in the 5th century.
Getting a Taste of Athenian Culture
The walking tour will continue down the hill, from where you'll see a perfect view of the landmarks in current-day Athens - Ancient Agora and the National Observatory of Athens. You'll soon enter the Plaka district of the city. Stroll through Anafiotika, a scenic neighborhood that will give you a glimpse into the culture of Athens. The little alleys are lined with whitewashed mansions, colorful shutters, and more. Your guide will ensure you don't miss out on visiting the hidden gems here, unknown to many. You'll also walk past the Bathhouse of the Winds, an ancient public bath. Finally, you'll reach Monastiraki Square, one of the oldest surviving squares in the city. From here, you can head to the flea market and buy souvenirs for this memorable 3-hour tour.
know before you go
- Unless chosen at the time of checkout, your ticket will not include the entrance fee to the Acropolis.
- This experience can accommodate a maximum of 18 people in 1 group.
- We recommend wearing comfortable footwear as this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
Mon - Sat: 8:45am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at the Key Tours Office.
- Address: 26, Athanasiou Diakou Str, Athina 117 43, Greece.
- The closest bus stop is Makrygiannē. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses #040, #230, A2 or trolleybuses #1, #5, #15 to get you there.
- The closest metro station is Acropoli. It is a quick 3-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board the M2 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.