Northern Lights Cruise from Reykjavik
Marvel at the incredible Aurora Borealis from the water after sailing away from the Icelandic coastline in a boat with an expert guide to tell you all about this world-famous natural phenomenon!
- Sail just twenty minutes off the Reykjavik coastline and be in the perfect position to take in the Northern Lights
- Enjoy your guide's commentary on the science behind the phenomenon as well as the myths that surround it
- Put on the free overalls on board and hang out on the deck of the boat and listen to your guide
- You can also choose to stay warm and cozy inside while watching an original Northern Lights video
- No need to spend time adjusting settings on your camera to capture the Aurora Borealis; a crew member will be taking pictures throughout your visit
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Northern Lights tour
- Educational Northern Lights video
- Wifi-enabled boat with cafe & restrooms onboard
- Complimentary overalls (also available in children's sizes)
política de cancelamento
Estes ingressos não podem ser cancelados ou alterados.
Once the boat sets sail from the Old Harbor in downtown Reykjavik, the crew will begin their search for the best spot from where to admire the Northern Lights by boat! After 15-20 minutes of sailing, you will escape the light pollution from the capital city and reach the ideal location to view the lights. Your expert guide will share information about this amazing natural phenomenon, the science that explains it as well as the many folk stories and myths that have tried to explain it over the years from many different cultures.
Do take advantage of the complimentary overalls for both adults and children that are offered on-board during your tour as it can get a bit cold out at sea, especially during the winter months. If you prefer to grab some warm drinks and snacks that you can purchase from the cafeteria area and watch the Northern Lights educational video indoors as you cozy up with your friends and family, please do so! Or you can always enjoy the bracing air as you admire the lights and listen to your guide's commentary on the deck outside.
Please note that we can never guarantee sightings of naturally occurring phenomena. If there are no sightings on your tour you are invited to join us for free on another tour on the next available date
know before you go
- The borders are still closed for citizens from countries outside of the EU. Borders will open for everyone starting July 1st. Once passengers have arrived in Iceland, they will have the choice to be tested for COVID-19 at the airport, or go into a 2-week self-quarantine. From June 15th to June 30th the COVID-19 testing will be free for all passengers. Starting July 1st, each test will cost 15,000 ISK. Children born in 2005 or later are exempt from the testing. Health certificates will no longer be accepted in lieu of testing
- Before passengers arrive in Iceland they will be asked to fill out a pre-registration form, agreeing to follow rules related to infection control. They will also be asked, but not required, to download the tracking app Ranking C-19, which is being used to help trace transmission and spread of COVID-19. A COVID app is now available in the following languages: Icelandic, English, Polish, German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- We are continuing to keep a very close eye on the situation and we will update our set-up according to government health and safety updates
- The tour is weather dependent and our experienced crew makes the decision to sail each day based on the weather and aurora forecast
- Sightings of the Northern Lights can never be guaranteed - in case there are no sightings we offer a free ticket to try again
Daily at 9:00 PM
Daily at 10:00 PM
This tour lasts about 3 hours
Ensure you're wearing warm clothes as temperatures during the month of November can drop to -1° and -2° in December
Ages 6yrs and below go free. Ages 7-15yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- The tour will depart from Reykjavik´s Old Harbour (Geirsgata 5c, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland)
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Board the #14 towards Grandi and get off at the Mýrargata station. The meeting point is a short 3-minute walk