Auckland to Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set Private Tour
With this ticket, you get to enjoy not one, but two famous attractions in New Zealand, the Hobbiton Movie Set, and the Waitomo Glowworm Caves!
- Start off with a comfortable ride in a Mercedes as you make your way from Auckland to the Waitomo Glowworm Caves passing by extraordinary scenery.
- Listen in, as your experienced guide tells you about the sacred Taupiri Mountain and the Ngaruawahia.
- Once you reach Waitomo, a 45-minute tour of the Glowworm Caves with your guide awaits you which includes a boat ride.
- Your next stop is the Hobbiton Movie Set near Matamata, famous for being the shoot location of “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings” trilogies.
- Discover amazing insights into how these movies were shot on a 2-hour tour.
- Fully guided Private Tour in a Mercedes luxury vehicle
- Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland including airport/cruise terminal
- Entry to Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set
- Complimentary lunch, snacks, and water
You can cancel these tickets up to 7 days before the experience begins and get a full refund.
The metropolitan of Auckland is known for being a melting pot of culture, food, music, art, and more but is also home to many famous attractions and landmarks. To help you make the most of your time while in Auckland, this ticket offers you the chance to visit two world-famous attractions on the same day!
After getting picked up from your stay in a luxurious Mercedes, you will journey on towards Waitomo, taking a scenic route that passes through the countryside of King Country and Waikato. Throughout the journey, your guide will help you learn about the places you are passing by, making your experience richer. Finally, when you arrive at the Glowworm Caves, there is an exciting boat ride waiting for you so that you can go see the dazzling magic of the Glowworms. From here, you will head to the Hobbiton Movie Set for a two-hour tour that will give you great insights into what went behind making “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings” trilogies such a huge success.
know before you go
know before you go
- Daily: 8am to 7pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo at the time of pick-up.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups.
- In the next step of booking, please specify the name and address of your hotel.
- Pick-up within Auckland’s Downtown area including cruise wharf.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel. Your host will be waiting for you here.