Pompeii Reserved Entrance Tickets With Multimedia Experience
Explore one of the world's most significant archaeological sites, a thriving city laid to waste by the violent eruption of Mt Vesuvius 2,000 years ago.
- Discover the remains of artworks, buildings, and even people frozen in time by superheated ash.
- Find out what the city's prominent locations looked like through animated reconstructions.
- Relive the splendor of Pompeii as you marvel at its most important buildings in 3D.
- Look out for evidence of daily life as you see the Forum, the amphitheater, public baths, and more.
- Admission tickets to the archaeological area
- Reserved entrance to Magic Ancient Pompeii Virtual Museum
- Assistance at the meeting point
- WiFi at the meeting point
- Guided tour
- Audio guide
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
The 79 AD eruption of Mt Vesuvius was as paradoxical as it was cataclysmic. On one hand, the volcano's fury mercilessly wiped out the entire population of nearby towns; but on the other, it gave the world one of history's most extensive and intact ruins of an ancient city. Today, Pompeii is deservedly one of the most visited sites in Italy.
Life in Pompeii perished in an instant when Vesuvius erupted with the force of 100,000 atom bombs. However, a blanket of superheated ash and a lack of moisture served to preserve the remains for thousands of years to come. Today, you can get a glimpse of life in Roman times as you see the remains of street fountains, public baths, private houses, the all-important aqueduct, and many more city areas spread over 50 hectares. You can even see the haunting plaster casts of the unfortunate locals. All the while, Mount Vesuvius will form an imposing yet stunning background.
Make sure to check out the House of Sirico, where you can read the famous inscription Salve lucru (“Welcome, profit”). It is an indicator of a trading company owned by Sirico himself. The world's possibly first-known marketing pun also finds its home in Pompeii, on the wine jars labeled Vesuvinum – a play on both Vesuvius and the Latin word for wine, vinum.
The highlight of your excursion is MAP - Magic Ancient Pompeii Virtual Museum - where you can see the perfect reconstruction of an ancient part of the city. Marvel at the 3D representation of the most important buildings of Pompeii, and see what famous locations like Forum of Pompeii, the baths, and the amphitheater looked like from above through animated reconstructions. The experience will culminate with the spectacle of the terrible eruption which simultaneously ended a city and made it immortal in history.
know before you go
- All guests who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days ago, proof of a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts.
- All guests are required to bring and wear FFP2 masks.
- Not suitable for wheelchair users.
- This experience is available daily.
- Time slots are available every 60 minutes from 9am to 4pm.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your experience to avoid any delays.
- The meeting point is Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore.
- Look for a sign saying IBT Center/Touristation. Exchange your voucher for your reserved entrance ticket.
- Address: Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore, 11, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy.
- The closest bus stop is Pompei scavi, a 1-minute walk from the meeting point.
- Board bus 5000 and 5020 to get you there.
- The closest train is Pompei Scavi Villa Dei Misteri, a 4-minute walk from the meeting point.
- Board line 1 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.