Pompeii - Entrance Ticket with Audioguide
Travel to the enchanting land of Pompeii, a once thriving city that is now an archeological marvel. Embark upon this self-guided tour through the remains and ruins of Pompeii with the help of your audio guide, which is available in Italian, English, French, Spanish, and German.
- Gain guaranteed access to the excavation sites of Pompeii.
- Grab your dedicated audio headsets and plug out the rest of the world as you make your way towards discovering the ancient city of Pompeii.
- With audio guides available in several languages, namely, Italian, English, French, Spanish, and German, learn about Pompeii and its history in the language you’re most comfortable with.
- Travel back in time as you walk through the remains and ruins of Pompeii, discovering ancient houses, bakeries, and shops that once made up the everyday life of the city’s inhabitants.
- Entry tickets into Pompeii
- Audio guide (available in Italian, English, French, Spanish, German)
- Live guide
- Hotel transfers
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Pompeii is the stuff of legends and has inspired countless documentaries, movies, and books. The UNESCO World Heritage site is truly a fascinating chapter in the book of Ancient Roman history and now you can experience it for yourself on this self-guided tour through its fascinating finds.
Before heading in, grab your dedicated audio headsets, which are now available in numerous languages to better suit your needs. Available in Italian, English, French, Spanish, and German, you can now learn about Pompeii and its heartbreaking history in the language you’re most comfortable with. Get guaranteed access to the archeological site to walk through the ruins as your audio guide gives you anecdotes from a different time.
Allow yourself to be transported back to a time when Pompeii was a flourishing city in the Roman Empire, until the fateful day when the still active Mt Vesuvius erupted and left the city smothered in ash and poisonous fumes, but well preserved. Visit the generally foregone Pompeii amphitheater after you see the plaster casts of those killed in the eruption, capturing every detail of their final moments. Pompeii’s ruins were only rediscovered a few centuries ago, but they were found to be remarkably well preserved. This can be observed as you navigate through the bakeries and shops in the market and pass by the ancient homes of the Romans who once lived here.
know before you go
know before you go
- It’s very important for you to enter the site from the entrance at Porta Marina Superiore or Porta Marina Inferiore. The other entrances do not have a priority access lane and as such, you will be forced to stand in a queue.
- The audio guide devices are compatible with any standard plug-in headphones (they currently don't work with Bluetooth headsets or Airpods). If you don't have headphones with you, you can always purchase headsets onsite for a small additional fee.
- To redeem the audio guide, it is necessary to leave a document or a security deposit as a guarantee, which will be returned. Please show a valid ID with a photo along with the reservation if requested.
- This ticket is valid for the entire day as there are no specified timings.
- The fee for the excavation sites of Pompeii is free for all first Sundays of the month.
- Since this experience involves a fair amount of walking, it is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Only small dogs on a leash can be brought inside the park. Guide dogs are permitted (with a certificate).
- Daily: 9am to 6pm (last admission at 5:30pm)
The audioguide inside the Archeological Site of Pompeii is available in Italian, English, French, Spanish, and German
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please print and show the voucher to redeem your entrance ticket at the local ticket desk.
- Redeem your audioguide at the desk right after the entrace, by scanning the QR code displayed on the top of your voucher.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions